2007 TIME TRIAL RULES ARE POSTED NOW--v 4.3 dated 12-16-06

Greg G.

• National Staff

Thank you to all of you that participated in the beta testing release of the TT rules (that never had a news release ). This is now the actual release of the Official Rules for both TT and PT. There were various changes made from the v 4.2 version. Please review all base classing and modification/points rules, as the changes that were made were almost entirely to those sections. We do not plan on making any further changes to the TT Rules en masse, except that most '07 car classing still needs to be evaluated. So, unless the listing of a base class specifically states '07 in it, please don't assume that '07 classing for that model won't change in the next few weeks. I expect to have all '07 classing, as well as the multiple requests for other models that have come in over the past week, completed in the next few weeks. If you own a specific '07 model that you would like me to look at first, e-mail me. Remember that former motor swap classifications from '06 need to be re-evaluated--please e-mail me the info needed.

Thanks again to all of you for your comments over the past week. We evaluated all of the ideas posted, and did incorporate some of the them into this revision.

Good luck in '07. It should be a great year for NASA TT!

http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/Time-Trial-Rules.pdf

Edited by Guest

• National Staff

It's going to be a big job to update it, because there will also be some necessary changes to the programming. I will start working with our webmaster/IT Guru on it as soon as possible. The next job is actually to get the Car Classification Forms done, then all of the individual requests that I have received for re-classing, and the '07 car classing. The Arizona region is having their first event moved to the first week in January, and they are going to have almost all cars run in PT. So, I need to make sure that we get this stuff done quickly. I would like to see the on-line classers updated within two weeks if possible, but that may be wishful thinking.

Thanks again. I'm one of them AZ-guys who'll be affected by that first January event. I suspect I'm not in for any big surprises, but the on-line thingie makes it easier, especially since we have an organizational change that comes with the new event.

If it's not available, that's fine, we'll make do, since it is only a convenience thing.

Thanks again. I'm one of them AZ-guys who'll be affected by that first January event. I suspect I'm not in for any big surprises, but the on-line thingie makes it easier, especially since we have an organizational change that comes with the new event.

If it's not available, that's fine, we'll make do, since it is only a convenience thing.

I seriously hope they get this last second shift of power resolved so we can all just get back to driving. You need to race and I need to get through 3-4 or 2-3-4 or whatever they come up with yet again. Then a certain orange Taurus can ninja.gif fear ninja.gif the Suby.

Rules are done guys! Lets mount up! burnout.gif