AI Mustang, power brakes or not? What set-up?

AI Coupe Driver

and for Griz and XAIX , I would gather that to run any real meat on the front of a Mustang and stay within the width limits you need to ditch the struts .

I run a fox body with 335/30/18 front and 7" of offset (6" offset and a 1" inch spacer) on 11" wheels, Stoptechs, and I have a finger (5/8") clearance between the coil over spring and the tire, with the full MM setup and struts. The next car may be a bit more fancy than this however.....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grizlbits

• Ernesto Roco

• XAIX

• bdkline

580 combined, not bad.

In that case, 267.5 to the wheel. What was this thread about? Oh yeah, brakes. Manual is the only way to go. Sorry for the Highjack.

Ernesto,

It is illegal to cut holes in the floor to to brake via the Fred Flintstone method. But you are correct, no ducts, brake rotors, calipers, master cylinders, brackets or brake pedal sure does make your car light. No wonder you need 500 pounds of ballast.

Enough clowning around, geez this thread is serious. SERIOUS FACE.

Bumpers are for wussies, no power steering is for popeye, and I don't use my manual brakes. Okay back to work now.

You guys crack me up. Yeah…I weighed 168#…once…for about a day…before I continued growing on my way to 185#….peaked at 235# years later…back to 200# now…on my way back to 185#…I hate running!

Chris,

Yikes! 335s on 11â€

XAIX/Dana,

You are right the skinny tires up front were quicker. I tested at an undisclosed track in the off season and I am convinced that with 347 RWHP and bicycle tires with ti spokes like my race mountain bike up setup in the front will shave 2 secs of your laptimes. I also removed the little wing thingy in front of my car to slice through the air better. I also signed up with Richard Simmons to get my weight down to 159.6 by Nationals time.