Question ragarding weights and dyno RWHP

David M. Pintaric

Will a specific car's weight and/or dyno results be "public" knowledge? Or is there some degree of confidentiality with these figures (kept within the "need to know" circle of the car owner and the sanctioning body)?

The reason I ask is that my experience with the dyno numbers from my car, which I have made public myself, have been "used" against my brand of car. In the future I would rather not try and make it easy for another sanctioning body to screw me.

• National Staff

David,

Rule section 10.2 does allow for a competitor to view another competitor's Classification Form, and allows any competitor to be present at another competitor's compliance dyno testing. However, since we are not requesting to know the modifications to your motor, and only a visual inspection by a competitor is permitted, you can tell them whatever you want about what you had to do to end up with the dyno results. In other words, nobody but you will know whether you had to switch cams, have ported manifolds, bigger injectors, etc. So, even though your dyno numbers will be "public knowledge" to your competitors, that doesn't mean that the car while at our events would be legal under another set of rules. Therefore, it would be a mistake for another organization, or a competitor to try to use your dyno numbers as evidence that some other set of rules needs adjustment.

I heard a rumor that you were going to have two different motor setups this year And one of them has a bunch of mods that would be illegal in another Touring class, giving you much more power than you will have when running in that other Touring class.