wvonkessler

NASA RALLYMOTOâ„¢ REVVING UP FOR 2007

wvonkessler

NASA RALLYMOTOâ„¢ REVVING UP FOR 2007

Sandblast Rally inaugural event for rally bike program

Cheraw, SC (January 2, 2007) – The word among the motorcycle community is beginning to buzz about the National Auto Sport Association’s (NASA) RallyMoto™ Program leading up to its inaugural event, the 2007 Sandblast Rally.

RallyMoto™, NASA’s brand of cross-country motorcycle rallying is to run in conjunction with selected events in 2007 in its well-established national automobile stage rally program. RallyMoto™ is similar to "Rally Raid," which is considered by many to be the toughest motorcycle sport in existence. In essence, the riders have to navigate around an extended course interspersed with timed, full speed sections called "special stages" or "special tests". The route between each special stage is known as a "liaison section" and is run at normal road speeds (several terms originate from French, as many of the International events, notably the Dakar Rally, are run by French organizations).

The Sandblast Rally, infamous for its vehicle swallowing sand on certain sections that has stranded more than one rally car in the past, promises to be a challenge for the bikes as well. “Sandblast is about the closest you can get to Dakar style racing in the Eastern United States,â€

Xenovitalis

I'm really looking forward to coming down and checking this out. Something just occured to me though, what kind of things should us workers expect? Will the riders carry time cards?

Anders Green
Something just occurred to me though, what kind of things should us workers expect? Will the riders carry time cards?

Yup. The bikers will be just like the cars: time cards and one minute starts.

Cheers,

Anders

don kennedy

And the co-driver sits behind the driver?

Anders Green

Actually Don, we're going to give all the RallyMoto guys your phone number, they're going to call you just before they get on stage and have you talk them through it. *grin*

Anders

Xenovitalis

Come on, I'm not that dense!