NorCal Feb. enduro ???

civicrr

Posting here because I know others will want to know.

Any specifics worked out for the Feb. enduro? I would like to know about the impound rules during the 'break'. Will we be allowed to work on cars? Can we fuel? etc, etc

Thanks

(off to send Jerry an email to let him know about this thread)

Here is what Jerry emailed me about the 'split' in the race.

"On Sat- no going back paddock from green to checkered. At checkered all cars park in pitlane. No work… nothing. A different driver may start in the morning (driver change), but that’s it. It’s like the pause button was pushed.

Jerry"

I think we're going to need more info than that...

Do the cars all park in running order, in the center of the hot-pit (like for a full-course black flag) at the Saturday checker?

Or do the cars all go to their respective hot pits?

Is the restart going to have a pace lap or formation lap before a rolling start?

Can we pit and refuel during the pace lap?

Must we wait for a specific period/number of laps before pitting on Sunday AM?

Bottom line, we all want to figure out our how our pit/refueling strategy is going to work around the "pause button" without being unsafe and without running afoul of a rule we have not seen nor heard about.

Thawley

More info from the 'Man'.

'There will be a short supplemental rule publication sent out and posted shortly.

In short, once the checkered waves, all work stops immediately. No one can go out on the checkered lap from the pit lane (this stops them from using their in-lap) for fuel.

Cars will be impounded in order and parked in the lane against the trackside wall.

The start on Sunday will have at least one warmup lap and a single file reatart.

Think of this as a red flag.

To sum it up, there will be no loop holes"

There you go. Seems pretty clear @ this point.

I like it!!! The ONLY issue I see, is security for the vehicles in pit lane. If I'm "required" to leave my car there, I would presume that security/positive monitoring is provided?

D. Jansen

Just doesn't seem like much of an enduro if you stop the race half way and then start it again the next day. It really is just two races. I am sure the schedule of events on saturday is the reason but it is just not an enduro if you stop the race half way through. I really liked the event last year at Sears Point(even though the enduro was sunday afternoon) but I am going to pass on the two part enduros, sorry

• 5 weeks later...

So what did everyone think of the split format this weekend? Personally, I thought it was just fine. While I don't like the idea of taking the driver change out of the equation (during a pitstop), I thought it worked out just fine. There was still some strategy around when to take fuel...

As for the Group A race during the enduro, that seemed to be a non-issue from my perspective. I didn't feel like there were too many cars on the track, and they did a great job of keeping up speed on Sunday after they took their checker. Having the full course yellow on Saturday to do clean up at the end of the group A race made their exit from the course basically moot to the enduro drivers.

I'd have no hesitation running under this same format again. What experience did others have?

Cheers,

Dean

• Members

From the tower, the race went off without any problems. I believe there were no incidents between GrpA cars and Enduro cars. I'm excited to see peoples strategies when we do the 4 hour with the split....

From the tower, the race went off without any problems. I believe there were no incidents between GrpA cars and Enduro cars. I'm excited to see peoples strategies when we do the 4 hour with the split....

see, now that will be fun!