What car & class is everyone planning to run in 2007?

PtBy

It appears that I'm going to end up in TTC this year.

The car is essentially unchanged from 2006 where it never was close to the times the leading TTC cars were running.

So who else got bumped up this year? I hope a few of you fast guys in TTC in socal are shifting up a class!

Edited by Guest

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greg G.

• warrtalon

• Rob S.

• IGZOSTD

Im gonna run TTE and/or TTA.

Shawn Meze

80 VW Scirocco

TTA & PTA & GTS2 #30

NASA HPDE Instructor

How's that going to work? Is that one car or two Shawn?

I'll be running the V8 RX-7 in TTS in Feb at CMP. After that I'm planning to do comp school at RA and spend the rest of the year in ST-2, but I may do TTS at nationals depending on how the RX-7 lap times look.

My Civic has a base class of TTG** this year. With no changes to the car, my competition class gets bumped to TTE from TTF.

I expect to go from being the regional champ to being an also-ran , and doubt that I will attend Nationals if I am going to be a back marker :cry:.

My budget MIGHT allow me to bolt on some speed, but still probaly not enough to be truly competitive. My real hope is that I can use the alternate weight method to salvage enough weight-reduction points to get back down to TTF (I expect that even with an empty tank, adding me to the weight of a stripped down car will more than offset the weight of the removed parts).

My plan is to run my 2003 IS300 in TTE.

Seems like a good plan, until my wife gets the credit card bill

Very excited to get to Iowa Speedway in April.

See Ya

Chris

TTS in my 05 Evo MR with a weight/hp ratio of right around 8.8:1, so that leaves it up to me to drive it properly.

Is that corrected or actual pwr/weight. I'm glad you're in Co.

TTS in my 05 Evo MR with a weight/hp ratio of right around 8.8:1, so that leaves it up to me to drive it properly.

Is that corrected or actual pwr/weight. I'm glad you're in Co.

Do you mean corrected in terms of altitude SAE correction on my HP numbers, or correction in terms of the other factors that move the ratio up and down? Either way, I can answer both...

My mod points for TTS zero each other out with AWD (-.5), 4dr (+.4), and 3350lbs (+.1), so I don't have to worry about any mod points in the end. I just take my minimum weight (I'm using 3350) and divide by my SAE corrected dyno numbers. Altitude kills our power, and the CFs are off up here, but I should make 370-380whp at sea level when I come down the hill for Nats. I just have to make sure I don't go over 385 on a Dynojet when I come down.

No engine mods whatsoever except for cat back, but only one point to spare. Gotta love the new rules...unfortunately GG is going to pull out the rubber glove in tech, but he will find nothing .

TTB 04 Evo RS

--

David Bongiovanni

http://www.GoodsportRacing.com

Good Lord, DB in TTB with an RS is killer, although that means it will have almost no mods - mainly tires and a nice suspension, eh.

TTS in OH/IN region with my 240sx weighing 2800lbs (with driver) making approximately 330whp.

Damn, that sounds nasty fast, but I guess you have to stick with 245s to stay above the cutoff, eh? Your 8.73:1 is even closer than my 8.8:1, but you only have a 6whp buffer at that weight, and a 3whp buffer if you're 1lb under 2800. I only have a 7whp and 15lb buffer, so I'll be keeping close tabs on myself at different altitudes.

TTS in OH/IN region with my 240sx weighing 2800lbs (with driver) making approximately 330whp.

Damn, that sounds nasty fast, but I guess you have to stick with 245s to stay above the cutoff, eh? Your 8.73:1 is even closer than my 8.8:1, but you only have a 6whp buffer at that weight, and a 3whp buffer if you're 1lb under 2800. I only have a 7whp and 15lb buffer, so I'll be keeping close tabs on myself at different altitudes.

I'll calibrate the ECU to make sure that it's legal for it's weight. It may weigh less, which means I'll need to adjust the power output. That's what's nice about a turbo; turn up or turn down the boost!!

Yes I'll be running 245s or 235s.

Yeah, as long as you do it before the event, that's the problem. It's too late by the time they put us on the dyno after an event to verify.

You know, I just noticed that it says "equal to or less than," so I've been off by .05 in my calculations (yours, too), because my 3367 falls in the 3400 and below category, whereas I was using the 3350 as my measurement. I guess it doesn't hurt to use that as a buffer by estimating low, but still, that's nice to know. I can now go up to exactly 389whp instead of 385, haha.

Yeah, as long as you do it before the event, that's the problem. It's too late by the time they put us on the dyno after an event to verify.

You know, I just noticed that it says "equal to or less than," so I've been off by .05 in my calculations (yours, too), because my 3367 falls in the 3400 and below category, whereas I was using the 3350 as my measurement. I guess it doesn't hurt to use that as a buffer by estimating low, but still, that's nice to know. I can now go up to exactly 389whp instead of 385, haha.

I'll definitely give myself enough buffer for compliance testing at the track. The car will also be weighed at it's lightest condition. Once I get the engine up and running with the proper calibration, I'm going to work on aero. I'm sure I'm going to need it to be competitve. It should be fun to see how the 240sx does against the sea of AWD Evos and STIs.

I'll be in HPDE first (new to NASA), but am setting up my Evo VIII for TTA in the OH/IND region. I'll be lucky to keep my pig under 3500 lbs with me, a bolt-in roll bar, and some gas in it. That is with SSR comps, hoosiers, lighter weight coilovers, etc. I will leave a great deal of free weight reduction on the table, as it is my DD.

Thank God I won't have to try and chase a 2800 lb car with more power than me. Can't wait to see it on the track, though.