GUSSETS

DTM Nick

I am posting this in this part of the forum as well hoping someone would know.

Hey guys/gals,

Please forgive the ignorance as I am not very familiar with this forum.

I have a pretty simple question, but it has been very hard to get answered thru many venues.

I have gone over the rules again for 2007 over and over again, trying to interpret the rules regarding chassis strengthening.

I am very clear on the roll cage specs, rules and safety requirements....but the rules DO state clearly that additional bars can be used within the structure.

My question is two fold.

Can Gussets be used on all the POINTS for added strength?

Secondly can ANY gusset or tubing of any kind be used to "ATTACH" the roll cage to the UNIBODY. Meaning is it legal to weld the rollcage at designated points to the chassis???

It is not clear in the rules, as I have seen many SCCA and NASA cars with this already done. I want to make sure we are completely within the rules for TTU

Thank you in advance for your time.

Nick

DTM Motorsport

• National Staff
I am very clear on the roll cage specs, rules and safety requirements....but the rules DO state clearly that additional bars can be used within the structure.

My question is two fold.

Can Gussets be used on all the POINTS for added strength?

Secondly can ANY gusset or tubing of any kind be used to "ATTACH" the roll cage to the UNIBODY. Meaning is it legal to weld the rollcage at designated points to the chassis???

Thank you in advance for your time.

Nick

DTM Motorsport

Hi Nick and welcome. Your answer lies in the Rules on Roll Bars/Cages:

4) One or more bars that are welded to the chassis (directly or with a plate) anywhere farther than 6â€