don kennedy

NASA License and Membership for Sandblast

don kennedy

What is the best procedure for renewing membership and license for Sandblast (expires in February)? Bring the forms and appropiate documentation and payment to Sandblast? Or mail stuff in. TIA.

Anders Green

Hi Don,

Here's a generic answer first:

Renewal of existing memberships: online via nasaproracing.com

New memberships: mail in the form from NASARallySport.com The rally form is different than the other NASA forms, it gets you flagged as a rally competitor in the database, so when we ask for the latest list to send out mailings to, you'll be on the list.

Competition license renewals: mail in.

Sandblast Rally Specific:

Note that there is a $20 late paperwork fee if all paperwork isn't complete a week before the rally. And "paperwork" is defined as including having valid licenses and memberships. So you can still do everything at registration if you want to. We used this same system last year and the result was a very smooth registration experience.

If Amy hasn't gotten to you yet, she will soon and you'll get a list of everything we haven't received yet.

So, for Sandblast, I'd recommend mailing it. Coincidentaly, I've started handling the licensing stuff, so it comes down here. The membership form you can mail directly to nasa (or do it online if renewing).

Any other questions, ask away.

Cheers,

Anders

don kennedy

Okay, where do you renew membership online? I can't find it (I'll admit I didn't look for 20 or 30 minutes).

Anders Green
Okay, where do you renew membership online?

No problem. You go to: http://nasaproracing.com/ and click on "Renew Membership" in the column of options on the right side.

Cheers,

Anders

don kennedy

Thanks. Another question. (Boy am I a pain in the neck, or I could wait till I get there and hassle you and others). I looked at my cards last night. Membership says expires 7/12/2007 (which supprised me) but license has no expiration on it. I thought it expired in February but now I'm not so sure cause I thought my membership also expired in February. HELP. Can you answer this one o great master?

Anders Green

This one is easy.

Your membership expires whenever it says so on the card. So that part is done.

Starting Jan 1, 2006, pretty much all NRS competitions licenses expire on December 31 of whatever year they were issued. So unless you got that NRS Competition License at Laughlin, it expired about 23 days ago.

Starting 1/1/2007, all NRS licenses expire 12/31 of the year issued.

So, you buy one license for every calendar year in which you compete. Simplicity itself.

Cheers,

Anders