12 Hours added to 25!

nasajerry

I didn't find any supplemental rules for the 12 hour on the 25 hour site...

Is it possible for a team to be entered in both the 12 hour and the 25? Run the 12 for points and the 25 for thrills and excitement? If so, what would the proceedure be?

Thawley -- Who never really thought of running the 25 in my own car, but now, since I have to be there for points anyway...

Thawley,

The supps are not posted yet. But there will be no surpises for the 12 Hour. Mostly logisitcal things like paddock rules, etc.

A team may enter both by paying both entry fees. This is not inteded for the 25 Hour teams, but they can do it if they want to. We want to give our reglar guys the points, and not encourage double entry. Conversley, having to pay two entry fees will keep the 12 Hour teams that are not serious about the 25 out of the finishing order.

We want to give our reglar guys the points, and not encourage double entry. Conversley, having to pay two entry fees will keep the 12 Hour teams that are not serious about the 25 out of the finishing order.

That makes sense. Thanks.

It's in the rule book. I believe it says two drivers.

Again, almost everyting is already covered by the Endurance Racing Rules (sections pertaining to races 6 hours and longer).

• 2 weeks later...

Am I understanding this correctly?

I am (was planning to) running the entire Endurance series, and am such rewarded with having to pay double entry to run both the 12 hour (which I now have to run to honor sponsorship commitments for season points) and the 25 (that was already on the calendar, to improve our 06 position by one spot in class)? I don't think my already completed budget will support that.

Marcus (9th OA, 2nd in E2 in the `06 25 hours)