starion887

Tech Inspection Reminder for Sandblast

starion887

Hi all,

Just a quick note to remind eveyone of the following that need to be checked and be in compliance before you finish your prep for Sandblast:

- Helmets that are in date per the rules (Snell 2000 or newer starting in 2007, or per rules for foreign standards) (NOTE: Edited on Feb 1 to correct my error in stating SA1995 was acceptable.)

- Harnesses that are in date: no more than 2 years old from date of manufacure for SFI belts; or, an expiration date of sometime in 2007 or later for FIA belts

- Driving suits per rules (should not be a problem if your suit passed before)

- SFI 45.1 or FIA 8857-2001 or FIA 8857-2001A roll bar padding in ALL places where the occupants helmets could contact the roll cage in a crash; don't skimp!

- Covers or bulkheads in place over fuel cells in-the-car per new rules in section 3.6.11.1.

Not having any of these in compliance would be a cause to fail tech, and these are all easy to make sure they are in compliance ahead of the event. All but the last will be pretty much impossible to procure locally once you have arrived in the Cheraw area.

And, for those needing logbooks, I think we have all your names. If you have not yet contacted myself or Andrew Smith, please post a PM to me on this forum ASAP!

See you there! it will be a busy event this year, so be well prepped for tech!

Mark B.

Edited by Guest

heymagic
Hi all,

Just a quick note to remind eveyone of the following that need to be checked and be in compliance before you finish your prep for Sandblast:

- Helmets that are in date per the rules (Snell 95 or newer, or per rules for foreign standards)

See you there! it will be a busy event this year, so be well prepped for tech!

Mark B.

Mark, are you guys waiving the SA2000 helmet requirement ?

Gene

don kennedy

Mark, are you guys waiving the SA2000 helmet requirement ?

Gene

Interesting question. Is the rest of NASA SA2000? It better not change on this short notice. I checked the 2007 NRS rule book and it said SA95 so I didn't concern myself.

SGardescu

uh... Sort of confusing as this is the wording in the 2007 regs:

3.6.22 Helmets

All members of the crews competing in events pursuant to these

rules must wear helmets with one of the following ratings:

1. Snell Foundation SA-95 or newer

2. British Standard 6658-85 Type A/FR, including all

amendments; or S

3. FI Spec 31.1 or 31.2. SA2000 helmets will be required

in 2007.

NOTE the 3. above. I think it was like this in 2006.

heymagic

I thought we let the SA95's run through '06 because of the delay in SA2005s. '07 is supposed to be SA2000 for both sanctioning bodies, as the rule book says.

starion887

Thanks to all for the catch; I wish I could say I was testing you guys, but the reality is that I went back to the review the rules really quickly and did not remember the SA2000 starting in 2007. So my error; the rule is for SA2000 helmets in 2007; ti makes logical sense in the way that SA helmet dating has been udated for rallying (any many other forms of racing) for many, many years in the past.

My apologies to all for the consternation and confusion this may have caused.

Regards and thanks!

Mark B.