We need a logo...

DanElam

I'm hoping to pick up my car this weekend. For what it's worth.

1. Forget the placard: however placing it on an optional solid background would obviously be necessary on some cars.

2. I really like the T below. Plain letters look fine, but I think a custom "logo" looks better. Just my opinion.

3. Don't need the NASA logo. NASA stickers are already required on the car.

4. I agree it would be nice to have something we can all agree on, not just do it grassroots, then have to change it later.

st1d.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davidfarmer

• DanElam

• DriverGT5

• rrrracer

oh btw, didn't realize this was going to have so many Cobras. I thought they'd stick to AI. More the merrier

If you look at the "numbers" post you'll see well over 1/2 the cars in ST-2 are FFR's.

I think it is great that more cars are entering "catch-all" classes, IF they are fair. Better to race against someone "in class", than another class. Make the moves worth something.

Any more feedback on logos?? I personally think standardized logos for the classes really helps appearance.

I like it visually. It is just a little expensive from a production perspective. You have to have a white background (probably with a black trim for white cars) and then a blue vinyl, a red vinyl, and a black vinyl (with the outline would be good). The letters could be cut-outs with the white background. If someone can send this to me as an Illustrator file, I can probably bring some to VIR. dan @ elams.org

Yeah, I've been cutting vinyl tonight and the multicolor stuff is fun one color at a time... if they were screen printed it would be a lot easier (but probably even more expensive!). It could be simplified down to one color but I sure like the good ole red, white and blue

Hey Jody...

Great job on the Logo. i downloaded it and I will have sign company make some for me.

How come you know so much about computers......the wheel wasn't even inverted when you were born>

Hey Jody...

Great job on the Logo. i downloaded it and I will have sign company make some for me.

How come you know so much about computers......the wheel wasn't even inverted when you were born>

Yea, I'm so old my social security number is in Roman numerals!

I didn't do the logo, I just linked to it for rrracer who created it.

Yeah, I've been cutting vinyl tonight and the multicolor stuff is fun one color at a time... if they were screen printed it would be a lot easier (but probably even more expensive!). It could be simplified down to one color but I sure like the good ole red, white and blue

What font did you use there Shane?

Handel Gothic on the ST and I believe Century Gothic on the "2"... something else on the "1" since the Century Gothic looked more like a 7 in italics

ST2a-Logo.gif

SU-Logo.gif

I think they need a bit of refinement, but I like the color scheme and basic layout... I also like the way the "U" in the SU logo surrounds the word "limit". Implies beyond the limits... or it puts a limit on the word "limit"... doesn't that cancel out..?

... but I'm no graphics artist, I build fast Miatas Feel free to tweak the concept.

Any chance of making the "2" a little thicker font? It looks 'wimpy' after the strong, bold lines of the S and T. Maybe just bold it, maybe use the same font you have on the others.

As for the 'limit' thing in SU the rest of us were just planning to make obscene jokes about genital size for the Corvette drivers.

I expect that an oval shaped background would look nicer when applied.

It also hide the fact that you did not get it perfectly level.

Any way we can get these printed on vinyl ?

Charlie

Well like an idiot I saved them as GIFs and didn't save the original Photoshop format so I would have to re-create them (not a big deal, the original ones only took about 30 minutes for all of them).

Well, off to VIR in a few minutes so I can't get them cut for this weekend, but maybe I can bring some in vinyl to Road Atlanta if someone can give me an Illustrator file.

I still like my GT ripoff, although I like those a lot as well. Much cleaner and easier to read.

Don't we need to Vote or something, as it would be great to have an OFFICIAL logo.

Well, off to VIR in a few minutes so I can't get them cut for this weekend, but maybe I can bring some in vinyl to Road Atlanta if someone can give me an Illustrator file.

Dan,

How much are you paying to get these done (on a per unit basis)? The reason I am asking is that maybe we can have one source for this first run and reimburse you for your time and expenses.

Us first year racers are original plank owners and we should all have the same class logo on our cars as a way to promote this group. Just an idea...