VIR Feb. 23-25, who's going?

sscguy

So how'd everyone do? I had a great time all weekend, though driving on Sunday was crap as I couldn't get down any settings to give me any sort of traction. My students were great and really improved over the course of the weekend.

So how'd everyone do? I had a great time all weekend, though driving on Sunday was crap as I couldn't get down any settings to give me any sort of traction. My students were great and really improved over the course of the weekend.

I love VIR.... it was damn cold and sunday sucked... but i still really enjoyed the weekend!

The new alignment setup really helped my car. I still have to deal with a 35XX lbs car on street tires though . I just wish i had my camera on the last session when i had 2 decent laps, i always like to have some sort of data input

Overall... fantastic time, fantastic people, crappy drive home

I had a couple of good students. My novice was a bit nervous at first, but started to come around, enough so that she wanted to go out on Sunday in the rain.

My intermediate student was still getting over a (fairly) serious 'off' back in July of 06. The car had been repaired and even had a few suspension improvements done to it. We started slow and worked our way up thru the areas of concern to gain marked improvements. Also showed him some new stuff that achieved 6 fewer shifts, a fairly condensed brake zone in 11, no brakes down thru 'Hog Pen' and really being at ease thru 'South Bend'.

By the way Mike, sorry I didn't get to stop by. I do have video of a lap behind you (with an interesting ending at T1...) If you'd like it, I'll upload it and send you the link.

anyone from hpde 2 have any vids?

i was supposed to get in car footage, but my bro (sscguy) was hoggin it all weekend, tho i was too busy to even think to try and steal it from him....

which M3 were you in?

waiting for the big brown truck to drop of some Carbotechs (XP10s) and some paint to dry on the new-to-me track wheels and I'm all set to go as well

Hey Ken (I was your group 1 student)

Had alot of fun and you were a great instructor.

Hope to see ya at the March30-April 1 event.

If you make it that is...

C-YA!!

BTW sorry the car pissed on ya.

that was an interesting last session between the car dripping on me and the hydroplaning

I signed up to do another clinic and instruct (but take my track time with Time Trials) so barring a car failure, I'll be there

Here are a couple videos I got from the HPDE 1 group:

In the dry...video does not get hot until 9:30 in

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7689620625317475558&hl=en

In the wet...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8869068899046662021&hl=en

If anyone is looking to relinquish their Group 2 spot for the March 31st weekend, let me know! I am currently on the waitlist

MidnightFX, were you Gray's friend (Gray driving the EK Civic)? If so, tell him again I hope I didn't disappoint him too much

that was an interesting last session between the car dripping on me and the hydroplaning

I signed up to do another clinic and instruct (but take my track time with Time Trials) so barring a car failure, I'll be there

Falken Azenis 215's at 90 MPH in heavy rain/soaked track is a real eye opener.

Plan on picking up some Eagle F1 GS-D3's for an extra set of rain tires.

Test reports from tire rack put them at the top of the list for rain in the UHP class.

Any chance of requesting you for HPDE 2?

If not hope to see ya there anyways.

C-YA!!

MidnightFX, were you Gray's friend (Gray driving the EK Civic)? If so, tell him again I hope I didn't disappoint him too much

Yup that's me. We talked about the event later that night. He was more disappointed that it rained Sun and couldn't show you more in the dry than he got a chance too. All is good and he respects your decision.

To bad he didn't sign up for next month in time, so he will be doing the circuit cross instead.

Ok, good *phew!* If I can get with him sometime later this year, we can really be rockin' and rollin'. Do you know if he plans on hitting any more events before his baby is due? There's the MazdaDrivers event at Summit Point on the Shenandoah circuit in April.