whats included in a 030 "sport group"

Chuck T.

My current spec build is a 1988 924S it has option code 030 "sport group".

By chance does anyone know what that means... turbo size sway bars? bigger/better anything ? or just I need find a right side door mirror?

thanks

chuck

My current spec build is a 1988 924S it has option code 030 "sport group".

By chance does anyone know what that means... turbo size sway bars? bigger/better anything ? or just I need find a right side door mirror?

thanks

chuck

All it means is alot of cool stuff if you wanted to keep it stock. Building it to spec means ditching all the M030 stuff for better stuff. Although you may choose to keep sways depending on how you like the suspension. Most don't I believe as the 968 M030 sways are bigger then 924S M030 parts.

You might want to remove all that M030 stuff, once you find out what it is, then sell it off as a package to some street 944 owner for some good bucks. You're going to surpass all of that packages handling abilities with the 944 spec suspension package, right?

Is it M030 or an SE? If you dont have the mirror on the pass side its an SE. There were only 500 imported to the US, and they are identified by option code 756 IIRC (Ill hav to check the sticker in my car) Lke everyone said youll probably be replacing everything during the build. The front has adjustable spring perches but they dont acfept race size springs. It would cost more to convert them than to buy a Ground Control kit. Shocks are koni yellows, but you have to remove them to adjust the fronts. Front sway is from a turbo (26mm maybe?) and the rear has a 19mm non adjustable bar. Sunroof and rock guard were both options (mine has both) Rear torsions are 25.5mm (from a tuebo as well I think)

You might want to remove all that M030 stuff, once you find out what it is, then sell it off as a package to some street 944 owner for some good bucks. You're going to surpass all of that packages handling abilities with the 944 spec suspension package, right?

yep... Jason (paragon) has everything i need...

• 2 weeks later...

The 87/88 924s M030 had the largest rear sway bar available on a 944. (21mm) 1mm larger rear torsion bars, 6" front wheels and 7" rears as well as the height adjustable front struts. greg f