bodily injury liability coverage

everbruin

i recently read the exclusions on my car insurance and realized that bodily injury liability is void if i'm at a facility designed for racing and using a vehicle in practicing or preparing for a race (unsure if that means hpde).

so i'd love any tips on insurers who offer the liability coverage (for california). thanks!

Edited by Guest

Membership

NASA members are entitled to enter and participate in any NASA event across the country and membership includes an array of benefits including vendor discounts and a complimentary subscription to Grassroots Motorsports magazine which includes a section devoted to NASA’s newsletter, Speednews. Members will also receive a colorful hard card membership card that will identify them as part of the organization and a welcome packet that includes more information on the many benefits and programs available to NASA members. While participating at events, all NASA members are covered by an extensive insurance policy, which includes General Liability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Excess Medical coverage. Best of all, membership is only $40.00. Sign up now!

The quote above is from the NASA website. Assuming you have some sort of medical coverage through work, this says that NASA's policy would pick where that leaves off. If you have no coverage, then I would guess that the NASA policy would be the primary coverage.

There is no indication what the limits are for either the AD&D or the excess medical, so you might want to ask a NASA official about any coverage limits.

The medical coverage should also apply to workers, and could cover things like getting hit by flying debris or an injury at the track. Say you trip over a jack handle, fall and break a wrist. Or break an ankle while pushing a stalled car to a safe location. If you have no medical coverage of your own then the NASA policy should cover your hospital and doctor's cost. Maybe even rehab.