Window Net

xupkid2

I am going tobe racing this year with my 944. I dont have a full cage in it and was wondering if anyone had any tips or places to buy window nets from and how to install them. Any help would be great as I havent found anything yet.

Thanks

Brian

There's several places online, but one business who's active here and could help you is: http://ApexSPG.com/

If your looking for a place to put a cage in, let me recommend Doug at VFC Engineering in Chicago.

Are you going to be spec racing with NASA Midwest?

Welcome aboard [/url]

Any clues on mounting? I dont want to put in a full cage so I need to find a way to have a window net so I can pass tech. I have been looking at the M&R net with the mounting kit and then just bolting the bars into my door frame but not sure if anyone else had additional ways or if anyone manufactured something that fit factory.

Brian,

Give Jim Bryant a call at Apex SPG. He's in your area and a big proponent of our racing 944's. Please be aware that 944 drivers/racers from NASA, PCA, POC, SCCA all come together on this forum so you kind of have to state where you'll be using your 944 and at what level to get the really helpful input.

You're right PCA club racing still doesn't require a cage for racing, and that's going to make mounting your window net a challenge. I've seen a kit that has a frame, which includes the net, that fits inside the window slot of a 911. It was sold by Dave Turner Motorsports, now JMC Motorsports, here in San Diego.

Good luck with your racing and please continue to ask all your 944 questions here.

Brian,

At ApexSPG.com we have developed a system which works great for PCA requirements. It allows you to retain your interior and glass windows, ect. Give me a call on Monday at 1-800-375-3942 and I will be happy to explain the details. Tim & Eric, thanks for the referrals. By the way, I am happy to say the cage is now complete in my 924s. Jim