starion887

A Special Thanks for the Sandblast Tech Crew

starion887

It's appropriate to post a special thank you note for all the volunteers at Sandblast who made the Scrutineering process work so well. Steve Kurvey and Andrew Smith were held up in NE PA by the bad weather, so many other volunteers stepped in to make this aspect of the event happen.

First, we need to thank the Cheraw Ford dealer for providing us with their huge check-in bay for our sole use on Friday. SC is not exactly frigid in winter, but it was cold enough that being indoors most of the time was a great boon to us on a long day of inspections.

Marcel Ceascai stepped up with a set of tools, papers, and other necessary items and with what was clearly a the biggest contribution to make scrutineering work; without him, it would have been very difficult. He drove a long way to get to the event.

Matt Smith took care of the bike tech almost 100% by himself; he was a great asset to tech, and he is to be thanked for very carefully studying the RallyMoto rules over and over prior to the event.

We had a great deal of assistance from Rick Rice and his 2 sons, Duffy Bowers, Nui SriSook, Dave Shindle, and Carlos Arietta Jr. These fellows simply showed up druing tech and asked "How can we help?" Their time and assistance was a great boon to getting all the cars and bikes through as rapidly as we could. There were others who helped and I regret that I can't recall everyone's names; please accept my apology for that, and consider yourselves profusely thanked!

All of the competitors showed a great deal of patience when things backed up from time to time, and we are grateful for their patience. A few of the new cars had some changes that had to be made for safety reasons. We want to thank the drivers and co-drivers of these vehicles for their understanding and willingness to work on their cars at short notice; everyone in tech is a competitor too, and we know how stressful tech can be, especially when things don't pass 100% on the first try. Thank you all for your cooperation!

Again, thanks to so many people for making tech work when we found that out first line tech guys could not make it.

Regards,

Mark B.

Dadrick

For my part tech was a great learning experience. I would highly recommend to anyone new to rally to do just what I did, step in and say how can I help. Even if all you do is hand tools to the inspector (mostly what I did) you get to see the cars up close and from an inspectors point of view. The guys doing the scrutineering are very willing to share thier experience and explain why something didn't pass, why a something may look wrong but is okay, or how to make a weak point stonger. The lessons that I took away from tech at Sandblast will go a long way in making my new build a better, stronger, and safer rally car.

Thanks Mark and all the scrutineers.

Rick Rice

mothra
It's appropriate to post a special thank you note for all the volunteers at Sandblast who made the Scrutineering process work so well.

Regards,

Mark B.

Mark, for many years you have helped many new competitors get to the beginning of that first rally stage confident that they have a safe reliable car. So thanks. I can think of at least 2 cars from Sandblast that are thankful for your and Marcel's insight and assistance.