Anyone have a engine ready to ship

Chuck T.

I might need an engine for my car .

It started dumping oil smoke out the back on the way to the cage builder when I pulled over the oil looked really bad (oil/water) . The po had the head gasket replaced before I got it so maybe it's the block ???

I will try to get a motor local but if anyone has a back up ready to ship please send me details and a price.

On a good note it's a 924S Club sport and I knew it had some problems so I got a good price on it.

I have a running 924S parts car but I am pretty far away from you. Heck, buy my other clean, good running 924S with CD player and clean seats for $1500 and drive it home with a spare short block in the trunk.

I know someone in kansas city area who has a 2.5 8v - about a day's' drive for you. If interested go to http://www.kcws.org (our local 944 wrenching board) and PM sh944 (he may have a potential sale but it wouldn't hurt as I know this guy is looking to get it out of his garage).

Well There is a small chance that the block is ok and my spare change tells me to try a new head and gaskets first... So I will let yall know what happens next.

The heads are pretty much all the same in the 83-88 range right ?

Craigs list local "1987 cylinder head with rocker box and cam shaft- $110 "

good price ?

Thanks

chuck

Well There is a small chance that the block is ok and my spare change tells me to try a new head and gaskets first... So I will let yall know what happens next.

The heads are pretty much all the same in the 83-88 range right ?

Craigs list local "1987 cylinder head with rocker box and cam shaft- $110 "

good price ?

Thanks

chuck

Definity make sense to check the head gaskets first. $110 seems like a solid price especially locally. BTW I have a an 87 head on an 84 block. It has run like this for 4 years with no issues. Their are minor part number differences, but and 83-88 head will fit on any 83-88 block. (8 valve of course).

There's a difference in the temp sensors, but they can work.

Thanks for the refer, Bill.

I offered an engine with all the good stuff to Chuck.