Talladega

Jim P.

• Members

I went to Talladega Grand Prix yesterday, took pictures and posted them

on the website for everyione to see what it looks like.

Here's the URL:

http://www.nasa-southeast.com/2004may14/tgp.shtml

The track is at least as wide as CMP and has some interesting corners/carousels it will be a fairly fast track and easy to learn for new people!

We are offering the Level I Instructor Clinic and the Competition School, as well as the normal HPDE and Legends (only) Races.

We are limiting school registrations, so I wanted to let everyone know about it before it fills up!!

Let us know if you have any questions!

trumperZ06

IMHO, Little Talladega is a good track for beginners. There is... Not much change in elevation... soo... you can see the turns. The track has good run-off areas... except for the front straight (Pit Wall) !

This is a short track, therefore it is easy to learn, and is more... "quick" rather than High Speed! All in all, a fun track thats easy on the car and brakes!

• Members

It was a good day they were testing new harleys while I was there...

I also managed to stop by Barber and saw the new Lotus Elise being tested...

• 2 weeks later...
cellis805

Just bring an extra drivers front tire.

With all of the carousels and right turns, I've shredded one both times I've been there. It's a fun little track though. Taking as much speed as you can thru 8 and 9 are worth the price of admission!

• 2 weeks later...
ryan12321
Just bring an extra drivers front tire.

With all of the carousels and right turns, I've shredded one both times I've been there. It's a fun little track though. Taking as much speed as you can thru 8 and 9 are worth the price of admission!

Very true on tire wear. I usually swap front tires left to right after every couple sessions to try and even it out. Turn 9 is definately the most fun turn on the track if you are carrying a lot of speed.

• 2 weeks later...
912 and Counting

I'm signed up and paid for Talladega next weekend. I've received zero communication. HDPE 1. Just show up?

Jim can answer better than I, but IIRC HPDE is teched the day of, so show up and report in when you get in. You have the sked off the webpage, yes?

• Members

You should receive an email today/tomorrow from our registrar (my wife Julie) - explaining all the details about the event. Basically, show up at Techistration and you'll be given a packet will everything you always wanted to know about the event.

You can find the schedule here:

http://www.NASA-Southeast.com/2004May14/event.shtml

Let us know if you have any more questions, see you friday!

apexinghonda

I looked at the pictures and the turn designations. Maybe we can't count that high in Alabama so locally we just label it T-1 through T-5. T1 (skidpad), T2 (double nineties), T3 (the bowl), T4 (the sweeper), T5 (no name). Fun track, fast car may hit 90s+ down the back straight. The two most fun turns on the track is the skidpad and the sweeper. The skidpad has its own unique technique to drive it fast. I go/instruct there a lot. Just joined NASA. Will be curious who shows up as instructors this being NASA's first trip to the track. Just hope the weather is kind tomorrow. Lots of runoff so it is a good track for novices (well unless the grass is wet).

Barry H.