MaxQData GPS

chucktoo

Hi Greg

Exactly how is NASA using the MaxQData system ?

I have a G2X but I assume that they want the MaxQData ?

Charlie

• National Staff

Last year we used them in all of the AWD TT cars that were running under hp limits at the Championships. We will continue to use them in TT and ST, especially on AWD cars that are more difficult to dyno test, and turbo cars. The systems are cheap, seem to give valuable data, and we have the support of the company (at the track) in helping to evaluate collected data. The USTCC will be requiring them on all forced induction cars this year as well. We encourage drivers to purchase their own units.

• National Staff

We used the basic one last year (you also need a Pocket PC in the car to record the data). The USTCC is using one of the upgraded models because they are requiring turbo cars to add another MAP sensor to monitor boost full time.

so these units have NO onboard logging ability??? In other words, you HAVE to use a PC or PDA?? That's a downer for me...
Same here...

Are we required to use the MaxQData units? Or is it just 'recommended'? If we have a different system, will its data be considered 'official'?

I actually re-evaluated...they are 1/3 -1/4 the price of other GPS systems, so if I can find a cheap pocket pc, I would consider it.

Obviously, you guys are welcome to put any product you want in for tech purposes

You can use a laptop, but obviously they are more susceptible to the effects of on-track driving, vibration, etc. A PDA would be ideal.

• National Staff

Shane is correct. They really recommend the Pocket PC because of the car vibrations, etc. on track. One of the reasons that we are using the MaxQData system is that we get such good support from them. If you have any questions about the system, I recommend that you call Ed at 425-562-3423 and just ask. He is very friendly, and very helpful. He will be able to point you in the right direction for obtaining a Pocket PC that will work the best at the best price. In fact, he has added a Dell Pocket PC to his option list for $350, that gives the buyer completely pre-configured system with the software preloaded.

http://www.maxqdata.com/MQGPSCustomOrder.htm

anybody have this at Rd Atlanta?? Would love to try one, or see on in action. Buying a PDA is still a turn off for me actually buying this (doubles the price), and approaches the price of other stand-alone units with a "dash" when the extra cost is added.

Maybe we could buy a "lot" of PDA's on ebay, and help spread the cost.....

I was wondering about the laptop because I can log directly from my ecu with mine. It works fine on the street, but I'll have to try it out at some HPDE's and see how it does...