AMB TranX 260DP - Correct Transponder mount & operation

AI Coupe Driver

New to NASA and have purchased a race ready AI Mustang.

Car has a AMB TranX 260DP Transponder. I can't find any directions for the proper mounting or operation of the unit. Any help will be appreciated.

And, how do I notify Timing and Scoring of what system I have onboard?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Ron

[email protected]

New to NASA and have purchased a race ready AI Mustang.

Car has a AMB TranX 260DP Transponder. I can't find any directions for the proper mounting or operation of the unit. Any help will be appreciated.

And, how do I notify Timing and Scoring of what system I have onboard?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Ron

[email protected]

mount it as low and as far front as possible to give it a clear shot to the loop in the track. You put your transponder number in the registration form when you enter for the event. A tip would be to write the TX number in your logbook.

avoid placing it with metal or carbonfiber between the track and the transponder

write your TX# down (or program it into your cell phone for easy retrival) so you can provide it to registration easily

you want it no higher than 1 foot off the ground, and if you're running wheel-to-wheel you want it as far foward as you can get it to trip the loop before the guy next to you

you want it no higher than 1 foot off the ground, and if you're running wheel-to-wheel you want it as far foward as you can get it to trip the loop before the guy next to you

Why? In any 'race to the line' the winner will be determined by who visually cross the line first. Not who's transponder did.

Why? In any 'race to the line' the winner will be determined by who visually cross the line first. Not who's transponder did.

the closest one I have seen was Carlton Goldthwaite and Chris Cobetto last year at CMP....Carlton won by about 9 inches

if its too close to call, as in the spotters and the Chief T&S can't agree who was ahead... it goes to whos TX hit first

• 1 month later...

i was going to mount minewhere the stock license plate goes. thats ok isnt it??? there may be body panel inbetween it and the ground is that ok?

is that mounting it behind the bumper cover?

As Ken said, you dont want metal in the way.

I would put it where it wont get destoyed if you bump someone.....it happens.

( so you dont want it forward of the bumper.)

is that mounting it behind the bumper cover?

As Ken said, you dont want metal in the way.

I would put it where it wont get destoyed if you bump someone.....it happens.

( so you dont want it forward of the bumper.)

i dont know where else to mount it.. i still drive my car to the track.. so i dont want it to get screwed up on the streets...

screwed up on the streets?

That wont likely happen.

I mounted mine on the radiator support below the unitized sub-frame.

Best of luck.

I followed the directions that came with it.

If you think that the wheel should be re-engineered to a slightly different shape....have at it.

I cant comment on operational performance with an angled mount. Install it as you see fit and if you dont get any times....well then you know it's just not working.