Night Enduro/Buttonwillow

SRC/SampsonRacingComm.

Thanks

It was a perfect night for racing and the great work from the NASA folks made it even better.

Heck yea, it was a great time indeed! A huge thanks to all the officials and corner workers for putting on such a perfect event! Next time let's run for 4 hours!

Our 944-spec guys really enjoyed the event, too. I was the only one who drove it, but got support from Dylan and Tom in fueling, Dennis and his girlfriend helped with some chow afterwards.

I'm really looking forward to the next enduro at Willow(night). We honestly were not even trying at Button Willow. We had no radios. I just wanted to see if I could drive well for 3 hours. Fatigue, dehydration were my competition that night, but I did ok. My Porsche (135 rwhp) is slower than the other E2 cars, but we made up some time at BW just by staying out there and putting down the miles.

We'll try hard at Willow.

Tim- the last hour you ran about 17sec. up to w/i 3sec. of passing us for the lead . I think you were w/i 3 sec. at the finish... nice run

See Ya at Willow!

Thanks, Shawn. It was about 3 secs at the finish! I printed out the whole enduro lap chart from MYLAPS.COM and studied it for about 2 hours yesterday. Lots of what if's running through my mind.

Its that huge gas tank. We econo cars can't compete with your one-stop enduro. How big is your tank anyway?

Both of you, great run. E2 was exciting to watch!

1.6 Motor and 117 HP at the tires... its about fuel milage.

Thanks Jim-We ran out of gas coming out of the Esses on the last lap . Started it back up going into sunset and finished. Made the lap around and ran out getting into the trailer. I wanted to save gas but Tim keep me looking over my shoulder .

Shawn, I really have to laugh about the enduro now. We were in different world's, huh? You were sweating, looking over your shoulder, running out of gas. I was completely oblivious to the finishing order situation and had plenty of tires and gas. I was just driving to finish.

Nasa Jim,

My gas tank is only 17.4 gallons. Stock 1987 Porsche 924S.

My gas tank is only 17.4 gallons. Stock 1987 Porsche 924S.

Only?! The little SE-Rs have 13.2 gallon tanks which makes it impossible to run 3 hours without doing 2 stops. And, of course, the stops are often completed in 3 Stooges fashion. "Who's fueling, nyuk. nyuk, nyuk?" Although they are getting better.

Ok, but I'm sucking up the fuel with a 2.5 liter engine. Not sure how long a full tank will actually last. We'll see. That was only my first Enduro. We're gathering data at this point.