My first NASA HPDE experience

ac427cobra

I just finished my first NASA HPDE event at Mid-Ohio and had an absolute blast. What a great group of people!

Originally I had signed up for the HPDE 3 group figuring I'd get an instructor seeing it was my first time on that track. After I discovered only group 1 and 2 get instructors I figured I might as well try to get into group 4. After talking to Larry he said it was no problem to join group 4 on the track.

I had a lot of fun on the track and although Mother Nature did not cooperate too much she did deliver a great day on Saturday. For my third session on Saturday I hooked up on the track with Steve Poe from AI and we had a great time dicing with each other on the track. (It was great running with you Steve!!)

Sunday it snowed and I decided I already had one day of cold, wet and miserable on Friday so I left early Sunday.

I will definitely do another one of these events and will for sure make your Road America event in October. I'll be on my home turf there!!!

Looking forward to seeing all of you once again!!

Hey man,

Sweet car you had there. I was the dark blue Miata in HPDE 1. what a great event! I had run there once before in a Skip Barber class and was quite impressed with the whole experience.

You missed a good afternoon on Sunday. It was about 80% dry by the second run and the final session was cold but perfect.