GTS Enduro Mapping

John Graber

Shouldn't be too hard to map since weight/hp ratios are defined. I know that NASA hasn't been too interested in mapping dyno classes to Enduro, but since they went ahead and mapped ST and PT, GTS should imo follow shortly.

Joe Craven

NorCal PT Director

USTCC Director

• 8 months later...
Honestly, I would be suprised if Jerry mapped GTS classes to enduro classes, simply because any car that races GTS can be mapped using the PT rules.

Tom

Yeah, just taking a look at the PT classification worksheet, my GTS car wouldn't be a very competitive PT car (maybe it's just the driver ). I'll fill it out and see where I land. All the specific weight/handling mods without engine mods are going to kill me.

Wherever I end up, it should be a lot of fun.

Don

Ignore the line item weight reduction point values, and go straight to the "Alternate Method". Never heard of anyone coming out ahead taking points for each item.

• 3 months later...

The enduro rules have been updated to class GTS4 = ES and GTS5 =ES and it lists GTS1,GTS2,and GTS3 as "to be announced".

Anyone have GOOD info on how soon GTS3-GTS1 will be announced???

I've done some work on this. I would say a GTS3 car is heading towards E0, a GTS2 car towards E1, and GTS1's to E1 or E2 depending on mods.

You need to class via PT in order to get the real enduro class. The tough part is you can get penalized for tons of small items which have little performance value in GTS, but add up to big points in PT. My suggestion is to run through the PT class form and see how close you come to the edge of a E class. Then you can look to make minor changes to drop a class. We're looking at a GTS1, 944cup and E1...probably not optimal.

J

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ignore the line item weight reduction point values, and go straight to the "Alternate Method". Never heard of anyone coming out ahead taking points for each item.

I would. I'm getting crushed by the weight reduction....and I'm GTS-3, not 4 or 5.

I would. I'm getting crushed by the weight reduction....and I'm GTS-3, not 4 or 5.

Really? What does your car weigh?

Really? What does your car weigh?

The car is a 97 BMW 328is and my GTS-3 weight on non-DOT slicks is 2639. 558 pounds buys me 38 points under PT. At least locally, it's a competitive GTS-3 car but has nothing for the -4 and -5 cars out here with a whopping 219rwhp. I ran a 4 hour at TWS in ES as a BMWCCA DM car, but the car is nowhere near competitive in that class (DM). It's an E0 car and I'm hopefull that the powers that be will map it there so I can run enduros. I may sound like a whiner, but that's not what I'm trying to do. I realize mapping cars with almost no restrictions other than weight and hp is tough.

The car is a 97 BMW 328is and my GTS-3 weight

on non-DOT slicks is 2639. 558 pounds buys me 38 points under PT.

That is race weight (including you/gear/fuel)?. Nice job with the weight reduction. You are pretty much screwed under the PT rules though.

The car is a 97 BMW 328is and my GTS-3 weight

on non-DOT slicks is 2639. 558 pounds buys me 38 points under PT.

That is race weight (including you/gear/fuel)?. Nice job with the weight reduction. You are pretty much screwed under the PT rules though.

Yes, that's end-of-race weight w/ driver. The car is actually lighter than that but I leave fuel in it for sprints. PT just wasn't meant for GTS-type cars, I think, so it's not always going to work right for us. I'd like to run the car at Thill this year, but if I'm in ES at that point it just wouldn't be worth the time or expense.

My fingers are crossed that the Enduro folks will have a chance to look at mapping the GTS 1,2, and 3 cars sometime soon!

Yes, that's end-of-race weight w/ driver. The car is actually lighter than that but I leave fuel in it for sprints. PT just wasn't meant for GTS-type cars, I think, so it's not always going to work right for us. I'd like to run the car at Thill this year, but if I'm in ES at that point it just wouldn't be worth the time or expense.

My fingers are crossed that the Enduro folks will have a chance to look at mapping the GTS 1,2, and 3 cars sometime soon!

Come run E0 with me and my GTS-3 VW at the 25 Hours

Come run E0 with me and my GTS-3 VW at the 25 Hours

Shoot me an email at dave-at-dillehay-dot-org. I'd certainly like to look at any viable options.

• National Staff
Sweet....except I would have finished 3rd in E2 instead of 1st in E1.

Yeh, but if you are legal for GTS1, then you are also legal for GTS2, and could have run in E1 still

Sweet....except I would have finished 3rd in E2 instead of 1st in E1.

Yeh, but if you are legal for GTS1, then you are also legal for GTS2, and could have run in E1 still

Greg,

Don't give Graber too many options, he's confused enough as it is.....

-Scott B.