Mayer Vette dnf

ST2

Austin Vette 1:37

Buffomante FFCobra 1:38

Farmer Vette 1:42

Summers RX7 1:42

Powers FFR Challenge 1:44

Johnson FFR Challenge 1:43

Unfortunately, none of us were actually racing each other, but I had fun with a couple BMW's, Camaro, and Maxda. I was running stock suspension and street tires (Not R) as I didn't have time to get any of that done. Think the car will be lots of fun when dialed in.

What happened to you on Sunday David? I saw Mike's video and it seems you were having major tranny problems on the back straight. Still, it was a good race and tons of fun. Hopefully as we all get our cars setup we'll see a lot more head to head.

Trans locked in 3rd gear. Had been problematic all weekend, but finally just froze up.

I had a great start, then during the caution BS, it just jammed.

Trans locked in 3rd gear. Had been problematic all weekend, but finally just froze up.

I had a great start, then during the caution BS, it just jammed.

I wondered why you let me by so easily....

BTW I got my mirror fixed.

Sundays Results:

SU:

Cox Vette 1:32.486

Suddreth Vette 1:30.629

Hanley 325is 1:43.040

ST-1:

Turner RX-7 1:35.508 DISQ

Rinta-Koski Replica 7 1:34.814

Barr 355 Challenge 1:35.503

ST-2:

Buffamante FFR 1:35.334

Austin Vette 1:37.483

Summers RX-7 1:41.360

Powers FFR 1:43.849

Farmer Vette 1:45.433

Johnson FFR 1:44.044

I fought my car all day saturday...and the car won.

Practice : new front end w/splitter is vibrating so bad the car is shaking on the straights. So we reinforce it, but lose the session.

Qualifying: On the second lap going into the braking zone, 5th gear about 155mph, i hit the brakes at the 200'...about that time a hose on the radiator explodes and dumps water on the RF tire. Car goes into a 150mph spin. Thankfully it ends up on the track facing all the oncoming cars, with the windshield blown out and water from the engine blowing into the cock pit. I didn't hit a damn thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Race...that first Q lap put me 9th. I got a great start and moved up to 5th, but the car wasn't shifting properly. By turn 7 something exploded in the transmisson ( the bell housing has cracks in it) and my day and weekend were done. Its a shame..there were lots of cars to race...it would have been a fun weekend!!!

Bob, when I came through T9 with my foot in the firewall and I saw you sitting track left at T10a, facing me with the windshield gone and dirt all around the car, I was concerned. I though you'd gone into a wall somewhere and that was the result. I was relieved to hear it wasn't too bad.

Then to see you coasting to a stop after T7 was really discouraging. I'm sure you'll get everything worked out and all of those things will just be unpleasant memories.

Your'e right though, it was a great field of racers.

Yeah...

that was one scary ride!!! I've hit the wall several times..and at pretty high speeds, but nothing like this. You know how they say things slow down before your eyes....well I can remember saying to myself when I was spinning.."OH SH*T...this is gonna hurt "

I guess I'm even more lucky that none of the 60 cars coming at me in a HUGE BUNCH hit me. Thanks to each and everyone for some heads up driving.

And can you believe it....the damn windshield didn't even crack

LOL Bob well stick it back in thar!!! You had one helluva weekend it sounds...

Awesome, our first race isn't for another month and I can't wait!!