VIR: 15+ cars for ST/SU this weekend

DanElam

Looks like a good-size group is coming to VIR this weekend. Based on early registration numbers, it looks like we'll have over 15 cars running in Big Bore. Almost half those cars are FFR including Road Atlanta winner Tony Buffomante, but with VIR's long straights, look for the Corvettes and Paul Kaiser's Caddilac to stretch their legs!

I count 70 cars in our Thunder run group.

Can we say traffic issues just like Road Atlanta.

Can't wait to run with all of the vette's and FFR's.

I think Paul is running both cars this weekend. Paul drives one and "little Paul" drives the other!

Yeah, 70 cars at VIR is a lot different from Road Atlanta. Except for the uphill esses and one part of Hog Pen, there really isn't as many places where you get stuck like at RA behind the slow cars. Just different tracks.

• 2 weeks later...

Different perspective.....i attended VIR, i ran with the Thunder group in the PT class. Although the thunder group was alot faster in the straights, it was very dificult to pass in the other parts of the track. Seems as though the slower Thunder cars were making their cars very wide, making it hard to pass without getting punted off the track.