Buying new helmet, need advice on these:

AI Coupe Driver

Want to buy a new WHITE, FULL FACE helmet.

I like the looks of these three in the JEGS catelog. Do you have any experience with any of them... or recommend others and where to buy them.

1. Simpson Voyager $350.00

2. G Force Pro Force 1 $250.00

3. Impact Super Sport $320.00

Thanks...

Ron

I went from a Simpson Super Bandid to an Impact (I think it's a Charger). The Impact is more comfortable to me. Seriously consider trying on one before buying though...

I have the pro force 1, no complaints. Comfortable, radio gear went in with relative ease. One thing I didn't take into consideration when buying was a HANS attachment so you might want to double check on that. The GForce one does come with anchor points, but I think it's for the GForce H&N system (SRS-1). I wish I had gotten the Air one though, these AI cars get hot inside...

try shopping at http://www.apexperformance.net as well

I recently used them for a pair of nomex gloves, seemed like they had great prices on all of thier stuff tho..

+ 1 for Apex. They are racers and NASA MA sponsors. And really nice folks on top of all that too....

You really need to try helmets on to get the best fit for you.....I had to have Apex order me an XXS Bell helmet because I have a small head. Fit is great for me.

I have the pro force 1, no complaints. Comfortable, radio gear went in with relative ease. One thing I didn't take into consideration when buying was a HANS attachment so you might want to double check on that. The GForce one does come with anchor points, but I think it's for the GForce H&N system (SRS-1). I wish I had gotten the Air one though, these AI cars get hot inside...

Correct, I have the G-Force as well and you would need to install the mounts. I had Apex do mine when I bought the HANS. Didn't look like a tough job other than making sure you don't chew up the padding when you make the holes, and Apex folks did a great job.

I'd recommend the Pro Force also.

I like Bell helmets because they come in true hat sizes, not just S-M-L. I had a too-small helmet while riding motorcycles a few years back, and getting a helmet that's comfortable for the long haul is really important to me.

I would not buy anything without trying it on. Then you have to decide if you are going to walk out of a shop that's helping you and buy it from a catalog

I like Bell helmets because they come in true hat sizes, not just S-M-L. I had a too-small helmet while riding motorcycles a few years back, and getting a helmet that's comfortable for the long haul is really important to me.

I would not buy anything without trying it on. Then you have to decide if you are going to walk out of a shop that's helping you and buy it from a catalog

Bell has you measure the circumference of your head and that measurement determines the size you order.

Bell has you measure the circumference of your head and that measurement determines the size you order.
That's fine, but I've tried on what were labeled as the same size pants from two different manufacturers and found them to fit very differently.

That's fine, but I've tried on what were labeled as the same size pants from two different manufacturers and found them to fit very differently.
Agreed...that is why a test fit is a really good idea. Everyone's melon is a different shape.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed that the Simpson Voyager is alot lighter than the G-Force full face. Maybe by only 1/2 pound, but it being on your head for about 15 minute sessions will deffinately put a strain on your neck. I went to JMC Motorsports and they helped me pick one out. They didn't have the Impact helmet though. But they also had bell and pyrotect. Also a big selection to try on. Definately worth the drive!