NASA VIRGIN

BXR SUPRA

Want to make sure everything is good so I can run in the next HPDE. I have done everthing to the car. I just want to know what paper work I need to get done.

ie Tech inspection

Medical forms

Waiver

Whatever else I need to do...

Thanks

Bill

So I don't need to have any of the forms on this page filled out?

http://www.nasaproracing.com/forms.html

According to your link all I need is:

Requirements:

Membership in NASA or a NASA sanctioned club

Any car in safe operating condition (from Ferrari to Hyundai)

Mufflers. Different tracks have different sound policies

Roll bars in convertible autos

Seat belts in good working order

State driver's license

Long sleeve shirt and pants (cotton is great)

A helmet

Knowledge of the Club Codes and Regulations

At least 18 years of age (16 w/parental consent)

===========================

Sorry If I am posting dumb questions.

Thanks

Bill

Bill, let me preface my comments by mentioning that I'm not a NASA official, so am speaking of my experience only, and have only done about five track events, so am not an expert (but have been coming to the track with friends for about five years). I agree with your list, and would add:

Print the tech inspection and fill out the parts about your car and such. You can get your car tech'd by an approved mechanic (I don't have a list - I know you can go to Schneider's in Santa Barbara), to save the time at the track. But it is free at the track. But definitely print the form either way. If you're going to WSIR, print one for me too in case I forget.

There's no sound restriction at some tracks. Check local listings for availability in your area. WSIR has no limit that I'm aware of.

Register online, you'll have to pay for membership in NASA if this is your first event, which lasts for 365 days.

Bring an open mind. You will learn.

If you have questions about specifics you're welcome to message me on this board. Not sure I can answer them all, but I should be able to direct you to who to ask.

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help. I won't be able to make the May event.

Hopefully I will make the June one.

Thanks again.

Bill,

NASA makes it easy to show up at the track in your street car and run on a track. Just be sure your car is in good mechanical shape (good wheel bearings, tires in good shape, fresh brake pads, battery is secure, no leaking fluids, etc). It's not a bad idea to use the Tech Form and look the car over yourself the weekend before the event. If you don't feel confident checking your own car over using the Tech Form and you're in the LA area, I'll check your car over the weekend before the event for you (I'm an HPDE tech inspector at the track). The medical form is for racers, and if you're not a NASA memeber you become one for a year when you sign up for your first event.

Jason is correct about bringing an open mind, it's very rare that someone comes out to the track their first time and has it all down. Your first time out you'll have an instructor, and he or she will be with you for as long as you want or need. I've been hitting the SoCal tracks for years and still learn new tricks every time out.

NASA is a great group to run with, I started HPDE-ing with them a few years ago, and now I'm knee deep in racing in the SE-R Cup and having a total blast!

And no questions are dumb if you're just starting out

Hope to see you at Buttonwillow!

Tom