Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Ultrashield seats

Yellowhammer

seats are getting outrageous..... even the bargain basement Sparcos and Forzas are 300.00ea. I'm looking for some cost-effective seats for the new car and wow, I don't want to drop a grand+ on seats if I can help it and move money to other places. (I know they are a safety item and I have to have safe/legal seats etc.)

Does anybody run, or know anything about the Ultrashield "Rally Sport" seats? any good? they are legal, no?

Thanks, John

turoc

Nasa requires FIA seats, RA does not allow Ultrashield and the likes to my knowledge...

Oscar

Yellowhammer

thanks, I didn't know if they were FIA or not... I guess I'll lurk around trying to find some used ones or buy another set of Sparco Sprints. I like the ones I've got in the VW and they're pretty comfy. 1200 bucks for a seat is BS.

turoc

I will most likely be getting Momo Starts, they seem to be reasonably priced and are not tubular like the sprint...

Yellowhammer

Those Momo's are nice... they're on my "possibilities" list as well.

Andrew_Frick

Racetech also offers a couple affordable options that are FIA compliant. Plus the offer contingency money at NASA Rallysport events.

joshw

I am replacing my Sparco Corsa and Atlas Seats one at a time with some newer head restraint seats. Both of these seats are from 2001 (I think) and are different than the current Corsa in that they are much much taller. Perfect for tall skinny or just skinny people if you are interested. I have not figured out a price yet....

Yellowhammer

Hey Josh, Unfortunately I think "skinny" seats are not an option for me. You could send me the width and that'll tell me. I fit in a Sparco Sprint now, and have lost 30lbs. since new years eve, so I'm trying to head in the right direction.

turoc

Just read something in GRM that FIA seats are not considered FIA legal unless they are attached to mounting brackets by the same manufacturer??? Is that true? Mark or anyone else?

Oscar

gilbrock

I know this to be true with Racetech seats. Not sure with other ones.

joshw
Hey Josh, Unfortunately I think "skinny" seats are not an option for me. You could send me the width and that'll tell me. I fit in a Sparco Sprint now, and have lost 30lbs. since new years eve, so I'm trying to head in the right direction.

Well, the seats are ideal for someone with a 34" or smaller waist (although the driver's seat will fit 36" prety comfortably, the codribver's side is tight). And, they are some of the ONLY seats I have sat in that have harness slots high enough for my 6'3" frame....