Rim size

darkintegra

On a 92 Integra,what would be the best wheel/tire set up as far as size goes?Some people tell me go bigger for better traction and some people tell me stay small for good speed.I was thinking about 16" wheel and tires as a good middle ground.What do the top dogs run?

If you haven't yet you might want to post this in the Honda Challenge (HC) forum. No problem putting it here but that's where you'll find all the Teg guys.

In all honesty a fast driver is going to go fast in the same car no matter what rims are on it.

If you are new to track driving and starting off in HPDE, just get out and drive. Your best money is going to be spent on a good helmet and as many HPDE events as you can pay for. Drive your tires until they show cords.

I wont be the only one to give this advice, I am sure.

+1 for everything Renntag typed. Don't worry about the car and its mods - get it safe and reliable, then start signing up for events. The driver makes the car fast, at first. The rest you can figure out later.

Jon

PS edit: the "top dogs" run the smallest, lightest, widest, strongest, and probably most expensive wheels they can fit over their brakes - with the widest, stickiest, probably most expensive racing-only tires they can find. This all makes no difference, until you as a driver can take advantage of the difference. Hope that makes sense!

17" is a great size. You can get a wide variety of tires. You can get them under 16lbs for a decent cost. And most will clear 4 piston brakes.