Generally which day is less crowded - Sat or Sun?

wxy

Sunday usually has fewer participants due to work on Monday. That's what I've seen at WSIR, Buttonwillow and California Speedway.

BTW, you can use the EDIT feature to edit your original post vice posting a second time.

I agree- Sunday is usually a lot slower in HPDE than Saturday with sometimes as much as half of the people already gone... the ones that run out of tires, brakes, etc.

If you are doing one day, definitely pick Sunday... you'll have all day Saturday to make sure the car is ready.

-Jim

Hmm, it is the big question isn't it... From a Regional Directors point of vie i would say it all depends. Here in AZ we used to have the typical packed Saturdays and light Sundays, then everyone started subscribing to the theory that Sunday was the way to go, and guess what, everyone showed up on Sunday not Saturday.

The thing is the HPDE event is somewhat of a social event, so what happens is guys start talking and they say, "I am going on X-Day because it is less crowded so you coming on X-Day?", next thing you know we are packed on Sunday not Saturday. So here is my advice, email your Regional Director and ask him which day is less packed, I know I don't mind letting people know because it makes it easier for me to even out my event attendance.

HTH,

Dan Webb,

AZ Regional Director

• 3 weeks later...
Will do. Thanks again.

just go both days......much more fun!!! i have yet to do a single day hpde and don't think i could stand it going out for just one day!!