Driver Log Book

pmcrespo

My apologies if this is a repeat question but I cank't seem to find the answer.....

Are there any log book type record keeping item(s)/software that one can keep as the driver to log DE and related driving events? Especially if DEs are done across regions and sanctioning bodies. For example, my first DE this year was NNJR-PCA at Pocono North, this weekend I'll be at Pocono East with PDA (aren't they kind of merged w/NASA now), and May 19th I will try to do Beaver Run with NASA.

I want to work my way to a Comp License for at least TT but my schedule does not always permit participating in the NASA events only and I will end up with some seat time at other non-NASA events that I would like to get some credit for (PCA, EMRA, PDA...).

Thoughts? Thanks,

Pablo

In Mid-Atl we hand out "HPDE Passport" logbooks to chart a student's progress up the "ladder of speed." Some people have their instructors at non-NASA events fill out these pages also, so they have one continuous record of their track history.

We absolutely consider non-NASA experience when someone applies for a TT license, and having the info all in one place makes things easier for everyone involved.

Presumably you will get a blank HPDE Passport this weekend? I'm not sure about the NASA-NE/PDA arrangement in that regard... but Mid-A and SE both use 'em.

Jon

yeah,, not sure if NE region uses this log book. Come down and run with Mid-Atlantic and get the best Driver Log book around.

Thanks guys... I truly appreciate the input. I emailed PDA asking the question for this Saturday at Pocono East.

I will try to shift my previous commitment for the weekend of May 19th(for a different DE), and join you guys at Beaver Run for my first true NASA HPDE. I look forward to the experience compared with past PCA events. No GT3 though.. Just a bone stock 968.

I'll try to at some point join the MAtl for some track time at VIR or Summit. I hear they are pretty awesome tracks.

Thanks again.

VIR is an amazing track. Try to run the "long course" as the "climbing esses" are nothing short of a blast !

SPR is great fun too.....

Summit Point has been my home track for a number of years and I am a little biased.

I am personally hoping to drive every (road course) track in the country eventually.

VIR is just far for me... 7 1/2 hours from Philadelphia area on a good day... But I am hoping I can indeed run it once I continue up the ranks and dedicate more time to traveling to the different tracks...

I think until I get closer to a comp license and finishing a "dedicated" track ride I may stick to Pocono, Beaver Run, and Summit. I am signed up for an event at Summit already... I am looking forward to it...

Good luck on the "all tracks" quest... keep a journal... so you can later publish...

Thanks, driving all those tracks will be a huge accomplishment. I havnt met anyone who has yet.

Glad to hear you'll be coming to summit. Perhaps we will meet there.

Jon, Renn; Thanks for your help going into Saturday at Pocono East with PDA.

It turned out to be a pretty rocking Saturday. Fairly well organized and got in 4 nice runs. Some up to the 20 or so minutes, others not exactly. A bit short but overall pretty good. East course is indeed a challenging technical course. It was only on the 4th session that really felt it all coming together with some good consistent quick laps (for a rookie that is). I hated that left hander off the pits front straight! That off camber exit is tricky; keeping the weight on the rear wheels was key...

Did get a NASA HPDE Passport. Had Michelle as an instructor, and she rocked. I look forward to do it again. Have been signing up to as many NASA NE, NASA MA, and PDA as I can hoping my schedule permits..... Next is June 2/3 at Pocono North...

Jon, Renn; Thanks for your help ...Did get a NASA HPDE Passport. ... Next is June 2/3 at Pocono North...

Glad you were able to get onto track and have fun.

I think my brother is going to be at the same june 2/3 even at Pocono.

best of luck and keep having have fun.

• 2 weeks later...