2007 Nationals -- Video Up!

944 cup

Question....Right side window net? Is there some requirement in NASA now for those little triangle head restraints or are you talking about a window net on the passenger side? Greg F

Greg:

Referring to the little triangle net to the right of the driver, and not a window net for passenger side window. NASA also allows a seat with a wrap around/halo feature, in lieu of the net.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 944 cup

• Sterling Doc

• comatb

• bpanther

Cobalt Friction Technologies, a leading manufacturer of high performance racing brake pads, will offer the following to all competitors using their pads and displaying their decals:

The contingency program will award drivers as follows:

25 or more starters

1st: $500

2nd: $300

3rd: $200

4th: $100

5th: $75

6th: $50

7th: $25

8th: $25

9th: $25

10th: $25

3 - 24 starters

1st: $300

2nd: $200

3rd: $100

4th: $75

5th: $50

• 2 weeks later...

Continental Motorsport Services is offering $4,400 in gift certificate contingency awards to competitors at the 2nd annual NASA Championship.

The award program will apply to ALL classes with at least five competitors. The program will award a random driver in each eligible class a $100 gift certificate toward the purchase of any product(s) or services from Continental Motorsport Services.

The only requirement is that competitors must display Continental Motorsport Services decals, visible on each side of the vehicle. The decals are available from Continental Motorsport Services, driver information, or at registration.

Continental Motorsport Services will have a retail store located in the middle of Mid Ohio’s main paddock, specializing in a wide variety of racing products. For more information, or to purchase products, please visit their catalog at http://www.continentalmotorsport.com.

I'm sorry to say that it looks like only four 944 Spec drivers have registered for the Nationals so far. I hope others will come to support our class. I don't want to have our class swallowed up into 944 Cup(sorry DD).

I'm sorry to say that it looks like only four 944 Spec drivers have registered for the Nationals so far. I hope others will come to support our class. I don't want to have our class swallowed up into 944 Cup(sorry DD).

Bill:

You have a Championship, just four entries are needed September 1st, 2007 for a class to be eligible.

Bill:

You have a Championship, just four entries are needed September 1st, 2007 for a class to be eligible.

Dave, that may be true, but I enjoy competition. That is what makes us strive to be better drivers. I still hope that many more 944 Spec cars will register.

I still hope that many more 944 Spec cars will register.

See what u are getting at now. Hoping myself for more 944's for the Challenge race too. Helps secure our future at the event.

KW Suspensions is offering $72,000 in cash contingency rewards to the top finishers at the 2nd annual NASA Championship event at the Mid Ohio Sports Car Course on September 13-16th, 2007.

The award program will include the 944 Cup classes at the NASA Championship event. Competitors must utilize a complete KW suspension and run 4 KW suspensions stickers supplied by KW suspensions.

The contingency program will award drivers a cash award in the amount of $1000 for first place, $500 for second place, $300 for third place.

KW Suspensions is a leading developer and manufacturer of high quality suspension components for street cars, professional motor sports, and club racing applications. They offer solutions for every area of motorsports (rallying, circuit racing, slalom, hill climb) and most vehicles. In addition to the complete ready developed and successful solutions employed worldwide, they can produce almost every type of shock absorber and suspension system to the customer‘s own specifications.

For more information or to purchase KW Suspensions products please visit

http://www.kw-suspension.com.

NASA will be offering 4 educational seminars presented by industry experts during the NASA Nationals at Mid Ohio. These seminars are FREE and open to EVERYONE, so come join us to get an edge on the competition!

Lee Grimes from KONI suspension will present a seminar on suspension theory and setup. Lee has many years of experience both behind the wheel and behind the wrenches which he has applied to his current position at KONI helping racers worldwide dial in their machines. Lee is a familiar sight in most racetrack paddocks around the nation and was also a key part of NASA racer Jeremy Croiset’s winning effort on the recent Speed TV feature “Setupâ€

If you plan to race at Nationals, now is the time to register.

The entry fee pops up $250 to $699 on September 1, 2007.

Still a few parking spots available in the 944 Cup Paddock. Contact me asap to reserve.

The National Auto Sport Association announced today that Speedcast Productions will produce video coverage of the 2007 NASA Championships.

As a bonus to the taped coverage to be released later in DVD and webcast, there will also be a live wedcast from the finish line flag stand on the pit straight at Mid Ohio for the duration of Sunday’s Championship races.

Bryan Cohn, National Competition Manager said, “We are excited to be moving into new territory with web casting our event, as it gives us the limitless exposure only the internet can provide. By simply logging onto the Speedcast website enthusiasts will be able to see NASA’s finest compete!â€

I/O Port Racing Supplies will offer gift certificate contingency rewards to the top finishers at the 2nd annual NASA Championship event at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.

The I/O Port contingency program applies to all classes at the Championship event. The awards will consist of $50.00 gift certificates to all 1st place finishers. In order to qualify, there must be at least 5 starters in the class and the competitors must have made a purchase directly from I/O Port during 2007. I/O Port decals must be displayed, one on each side of the car, during practice, qualifying and the race. Decals are supplied with purchase. Extra decals are available by calling I/O Port at 1-800-949-5712.

In addition, if the winner has purchased a HANS, Hutchens II, R3 or Hybrid head and neck restraint, Autopower roll cage or made any purchase totaling over $1,000 worth of products from I/O Port Racing Supplies during 2006, then I/O Port will double the award to a $100.00 gift certificate!

You may visit their Web site at http://www.IOPortRacing.com .

Anyone interested in renting a 944 Cup or Super Cup car for Nationals, Paddock Racing is offering some very reasonable arrangements.

Paddock racing is owned by Ken Stadt who does a super job of running the 944 Cup NE Chapter. Ken and crew will be at Nationals. Ken shows up fully equipped to service cars with a crew. Does a great job with arrive and drive. Reliable. He has a large space reserved in the Cup paddock for Nationals.

He can rent you a Cup class car and have it there for you. Price is very competitve.

Paddock: http://paddockperformance.com/

Anyone else interested, please let me know or contact Ken directly. Super Cup cars also available.

Steinel's Autowerks has come on as a 944 Cup sponsor for the Nationals.

Steinel's will be providing a beer and pizza party for Cup racers shortly following one the Cup qualifying races at the 944 Cup Tent in the Middle Paddock.

Steinel's will have 944 parts and technicians at Mid O for the Nationals Weekends to assist 944 racers thorughout the Championship week.

Steinel's Autowerks

2002 Midway Dr

Twinsburg, OH 44087

http://www.steinels.com/

(330)425-8582

Big Thanks to Steinel's.

The 944 Cup classes will be using a dyno as part of the tech compliance procedures for Nationals. If you are interested in obtaining a copy of the HP limits set for the various eliligble models, you can email me at [email protected].

NASA will be providing class Directors with tickets that will be use to facilitate compliance dyno checks at the championships. Directors can provide these tickets to those drivers seletced to be dynoed to get compliance checked.

This will allow drivers to be sent to the dyno without having Directors to be present. The driver will give the ticket to the dyno operator, fill out the required form and get dynoed. The dyno operator will keep the tickets and submit them to NASA for payment after the event.

TrakDay Motorsports is arranging for a Burgers, Brats and Beer Bash for 944 Cup racers on Saturday after the qualifying race to be held at the 944 Cup tent.

TDM is a sponsors for several of the 944 Cup Chapters. Owner Gary Osbourne is a 944 Cup racer who will be competing at Nationals. So if you need anything for that week, be sure to let Gary know ahead of time so he can bring with him to Mid Ohio.

Thanks Gary.

http://www.trackdaymotorsports.com/

The National Auto Sport Association (NASA) announced today that Hawk Performance will offer more than $48,000 in gift certificate contingency rewards to the top finishers at the 2nd annual NASA National Championship event.

The cash award program will apply to all classes at the NASA Championship event. The program will award drivers a gift certificate payout in the amount of $500 for 1st place, $300 for 2nd place, $200 for 3rd place and $100 for 4th place if there are five or more starters in their class.

Competitors must meet the following requirements to be eligible for this contingency.

Display 4 Hawk decals -front, back and each side of the vehicle during the week’s event. (Decals available from Hawk Performance in Vendor Midway located in the paddock).

No other brake pad company's decals may be displayed on the vehicle.

Winning drivers must pick up awards at the Hawk Tent prior to the end of the weekends event and allow Hawk Performance to verify that contingency requirements have been met.

No contingency certificates will be awarded following the close of the weekends events.

See the Hawk Performance Tent in the Vendor Midway for further information.

Thanks for all the work & updates on this Dave!

Eric:

Hoping you and the other 944 racers can take advantage of some of these prizes. Won't be long now.

Not to be negative, but with only four entries in 944 Spec the are virtually no prizes available. One more to make five would make a difference.

Not to be negative, but with only four entries in 944 Spec the are virtually no prizes available. One more to make five would make a difference.

Mikael Weitze emailed me about a rental car. I gave him Mantis Sport's info, but have not heard back.

The issue is there being so few cars in the Midwest, but that is changing. Like we always ay here in Chicago (about the Cubs), there's always next year. It will be fun to be out there with a bunch of 944's anyway.

Phil's Tire Service , a 944 Cup sposnor, will offer a generous $15,600 in gift certificate rewards to the top finishers at the 2nd annual NASA Championship.

The award program will apply to all open tire classes at the NASA National Championship event. Competitors must utilize a set of Hoosier tires purchased from Phil's Tire Service and run the “new 2007â€