2007 Nationals Race Groups

Adam Ginsberg

Bryan, et al:

After reading the 2007 Event regs, I'm very disappointed to see that CMC/CMC2 will not be racing with AI/AIX, but instead, FFR. Granted, many of the AI/AIX cars are faster than we are, however, CMC/CMC2 is part of American Iron Racing as listed on the American Iron Racing website.

Since some aspects of the regs are labeled as "tenative" ( race groups is one of them ), I'd really like to see it changed to AI/AIX and CMC/CMC2 all racing together, as we did in 2006.

Thanks for your consideration.

I like it as scheduled - as do a few AIX drivers I talked to last year as well as this year.

Why wouldn't 60+ cars running within 10 seconds of each other NOT be fun?

My perspective is the lap times will be too close, thereby making it difficult to pass a car that's only marginally slower, and forcing some bold moves to get around a driver to keep the other wolves at bay.

The other aspect to this is safety - we've seen from experience ( in Texas ) what happens when an FFR gets hit by a ~3100+lb sedan, and it's not pretty.

We're part of American Iron Racing, not FFR. Besides...it said "tenative", and it couldn't hurt to ask about a change.

Adam,

As you know I was careful not to split you while lapping you guys last weekend, but I wasn't really racing anyone either. When I am leading at the Nat's and Ernesto is on my tail ( ) I would force the issue to keep the gap. That my cause an AIX car to split your leading CMC guys in a good battle. The lead AIX cars probably won't lap the lead AI guys - as a general rule. I think it is a good thing the way they did it.

I also think that the AI / AIX numbers are going to be huge this year and the group will get too big anyway with CMC in their also. Besides, I want to watch your race and standing starts in CMC!

All,

At this time we are simpley projecting potential car count, start type and speed differential.

FFR has seen a bit of a drop since some drivers moved their cars up to ST2.

CMC/CMC2 would be split from FFR (ie two Standing or Flying starts or one of each, you get the idea) so the classes won't be mixed until lapping begins. It's the best we can do and we have perfected a gapping method at M-O. It worked without fail at the April M-O event and will continue to be honed at the other M-O events during 2007.

The first Event Schedule will be posted June 1, with the idea of being able to have some entries in hand and preliminary car counts.

• 2 weeks later...

Brian,

Since you brought up FFR, I wanted to ask a question early in the year in hopes you will have time to react before September.

Some of the FFR guys, myself included, are planning to run the FFR Spec Class in addition to ST-2. Right now the run groups are back-to-back.

Is there any chance we can change the order to get at least one group between us so we can more easily pull the double?

Thanks for the consideration.

Tony Buffomante

http://www.teambre.com