25 hour!!!

LanceO'Pry

Does anyone have any idea on how many teams plan on running the full 25 hours? I know American Truck Rack has a second gen. RX7 but that's all.

Lance

• 1 month later...

We are considering it. We will definitely be defending our 12 Hour title in E2. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to go the 25 if we can pick up a couple of good drivers.

• 1 month later...

Hey count on a 2 maybe 3 car team from TAG Racing being at the 25 hour. A whole big whopping 1.1l 1st Gen RX 7 to put the fear of....ahh...nevermind.

Lets get a huge file dand have a huge party

Graydon TAG#3

I know two sports toyota will race the 25 in esr class.

Looking forward to the race just trying to figure how to pay for a season worth of racing in one day!

Jim C

• 6 months later...
We are considering it. We will definitely be defending our 12 Hour title in E2. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to go the 25 if we can pick up a couple of good drivers.

How did you end up doing? I watched your efforts in the 12 in '02, but didn't make the race this year and don't know which car is yours.

• 1 month later...

I plan on being there with a Porsche 924S in the 944-spec class (E2). I just need to find a way to keep the Porsche GT-3 cars from banging into me!

There was way too much contact last year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

we are looking for some funded drivers.

We usually run Mazdas but we may have other opportunities. So we are looking for drivers interested in running the 25hours.

We plan to have 5 to 6 drivers.

As far as the car, we can run either an EX IMSA GTU that run the daytona 24hours (http://images.realride.com/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=laguna-seca-May04/Mazda-display) we have multiple other car (porsche) all the way to the spec miata.

So let me know if any body is seriuos.

Thx

Benny

[email protected]

realride.com

How did you end up doing? I watched your efforts in the 12 in '02, but didn't make the race this year and don't know which car is yours.

Sorry, I didn't see this post until just now. We were running the yellow #11 Civic coupe. We had great support from Auto Innovations, ACT, Cobalt Friction, Griffin Motorwerk, Rota Wheels & Toyo Tires. We ended up 3rd in class/11th overall @ Hour 12 & 9th in class/26th overall @ Hour 25. We were actually cruising along shifting @ 600 rpm below the fuel cut until right before hour 23. We were laying 2nd in class & 10th overall even though earlier one of our driver's got a 5 min penalty & tried to get stuck in the dirt. Unfortunately, we lost the head gasket @ hour 23. We swapped it out & got back on track but we lost an hour in the process. Yep, that is right, we did the engine swap in just over an hour. Unfortunately, that hour cost us our podium postion.

We might have 2 openings for this years race. We will be fielding a solid effort again this year. The car will be the #11 Civic coupe. It will be competing in the very competive E2 class. This is the same car (updated, of course) that won the E2 class in '02 & took 2nd overall. You will be joining a experienced team who will have 5 drivers in the lineup. If you are up for being part of a well prepared, winning team, let me know.

Thanks, Mike

[email protected]