How many already entered for Nationals?? List??

Red Tornado

I haven't entered yet, but I did get my hotel reservation. Amazingly, almost as important or maybe more than entering the event!

ST-1 #51 Yeah Baby!

I haven't entered yet, but I did get my hotel reservation. Amazingly, almost as important or maybe more than entering the event!

ST-1 #51 Yeah Baby! [/quote

Doggone the rooms are expensive. Last year not all the motels knew about the Nationals, but it sounds like the word has gotten out.

I had to sign a 5 day contract for the room!

Yea, you must have registered at the Quality Inn. I'm at the Hampton Inn in Mansfield. We stayed in that area last year adn it was nice, with restaurants right next door. They don't require the 5 day minimum. Wed. night is $86 then for Thurs, Fri. & Sat night it goes to $156 per night. They know how to exploit an opportunity.

IF I go, I guess I'll sleep in my trailer. Actually, I have family not too far away, but screw the 5-day crap. I'm just gonna show up and qualify on the last day, then race.

So I am trying to remeber the local of everything. Last year I stayed at a palce next to the amish rest.? what hotel was that??

IF I go, I guess I'll sleep in my trailer. Actually, I have family not too far away, but screw the 5-day crap. I'm just gonna show up and qualify on the last day, then race.

That could be tough. Last year they used two 'qualifying races' on subsequent days and then used those finishing results (not lap times) for the qualifying. Not sure of the plans for this year.

Taking up a whole week is a pain for me too. Haven't decided what we are doing. Given that we are three races into the season for the family as we have three wrecked cars and three blown engines, this isn't shaping up to be my favorite year to think about Nationals!

You're right Dan. Race 1 finishing position is averaged with Race 2 finishing position to determine how you start on the Championship race. Works well for me since I tend to finish much stronger than I qualify.

I signed up for ST1.

I tried to make hotel reservations as well. They told me about the 5 night minimum. I called the marketing director for the hotel..he's going to look into changing that. But who knows!!!

Kevin..if you are staying at that hotel (Yeah Chris the one next to the AMish restaurant)..I may have to think about moving. That will be one noisy ass hotel!!!!!

You're right Dan. Race 1 finishing position is averaged with Race 2 finishing position to determine how you start on the Championship race. Works well for me since I tend to finish much stronger than I qualify.

That's not how it's set up for this year. Sat.'s qualifying race determines Sunday's grid position:

"6. Qualifying

1) Friday qualifying will set the start order for Friday’s qualifying race. Friday’s qualifying race will set the start order for Saturday’s qualifying race.

2) The start order for the National Championship races on Sunday, September 16, 2007 will be based on the finish order from Saturday’s final qualifying race.

3) In the event that a qualifying session or qualifying race is ended less than halfway or is otherwise cancelled, or the results thereof are deemed unusable or inaccurate by the Race Director, the Race Director reserves the right to form the grid by any method."

Bob, call the Hampton Inn in Mansfield. There was no 5 night minimum.

thanks Jody.

Did you guys see we got moved from Group A to Group D, running w/ GT cars and LEgends (what's up w/ that????)

Bob, I am staying across the street from the Amish resthole. It was quite and clean enough last year. Quality Inn and Suites in Bellville

I think the five day minimum is a wash. I am paying $712.63 ($125.00/night) You don't actually have to stay, your are allowed to leave.

2 queen beds.

Last year Jaymes showed up the day of the race and started last and finished first in VVC1. I don't think that will or can be the case this year. Lots O' More competition. I finished 3rd overall after attrition removed several front runners.

• 3 weeks later...
  • National Staff

Hey guys, it looks like the 7's Only Mazda GT Spec RX7's are going to be joining you in ST2 at the Championships. They are the same cars as last year, except they have switched to Jerico boxes. They will be running on 245 Toyo RA-1's.

Greg, It looks like Group F is the "Catch-All" Group.

Last year was tight with the Spec 944s. We lapped several of them 3-4 times.

What happen to PTA where they were originally placed? Does this mean that any tube-frame car is now automatically eligible if it meets the weight/HP ratios? Does this mean that other tube-frame cars that just basically run in one region can now get classified? I'm confused.

ST1 and ST2 were created for stuff that really is too fast for PTA

tube frame stuff is still pretty much all SU unless otherwise waived in the ST rules afaik

• National Staff

No Dan,

These cars are Spec cars, and are specifically approved to run in ST2 "as is". So, no, most tube-frame cars cannot run in ST still. There are provisions in place with this classing to change it if it turns out to be incorrect. They are now too fast for PTA with the Jerico's. They picked up about 2 seconds a lap from last year.

Does that mean as 'spec cars' they have to run Toyos or are they free to run anything they want in ST-2? Am I interpreting this correctly that they can't do anything to increase HP from their spec configuration as well?

• National Staff
Does that mean as 'spec cars' they have to run Toyos or are they free to run anything they want in ST-2? Am I interpreting this correctly that they can't do anything to increase HP from their spec configuration as well?

Correct, they are going to run as spec cars, as is. Their adjusted wt/hp ratio (along with the -.2 mod factor, and -.2 for the tranny) comes out to about 8.75. They will be running on Toyos.