NASA Nationals 07

pederb

For you who are running out of time to get your 5 mandatory starts points, here is a tip.

Enter your car in AI or AIX as usual but also in ST-1/2 and TT-? that will give you 6 starts in one weekend if you do all 3 both days. Remember you only need 3 laps to get points.

See you all in Mid-Ohio

Peder,

We are hearing all kinds of different things on this topic. One director says all you need is one lap. Another is saying you have to have more than half the laps of the leader of the race. Can we get a for sure what to do on this?

Thanks.

I'd like to formally announce myself as the CMC series director for the championship weekend, joining my AI counterpart Peder Beckman and our two race directors Todd Covini and John Lindsey.

Its going to be a fantastic weekend on track and in the AI/CMC pits!

I am sure looking forward to this year and I plan on being there to hang out for a couple days with you guys and gals but I have only one request... Please don't allow Todd and John to wear those matching thongs again.

For you who are running out of time to get your 5 mandatory starts points, here is a tip.

Enter your car in AI or AIX as usual but also in ST-1/2 and TT-? that will give you 6 starts in one weekend if you do all 3 both days. Remember you only need 3 laps to get points.

See you all in Mid-Ohio

Peder,

We are hearing all kinds of different things on this topic. One director says all you need is one lap. Another is saying you have to have more than half the laps of the leader of the race. Can we get a for sure what to do on this?

Thanks.

Here is the skinny,

Starters (racers who cross the start line under their own power) who are

not finishers (racers who start but do not complete half the laps) get

1/2 of the last place finisher's points. So, to get points that would

count as a race for Nats qualifying purposes you do only need one lap or

even just cross the start line under your own power and then retire. See

CCR 21.2 and 21.3 for more guidance.

By JWL

Please don't allow Todd and John to wear those matching thongs again.

Thongs???

dorakitty.jpg

-=- T

Sweet Jesus, it's finally happened. You moved away from California so long ago you forgot what a thong is. That's ok, we still have John.

Click here and maybe the photo will refresh your memory. (Warning photo may be offensive to some) http://chicagoboyz.net/blogfiles/20050327-15.jpg

Good grief. Me in a thong (not the shoe variety) would most likely result in a number of Sasquatch siting calls from the greater Lexington area.

-JWL

WT...You guys need to post: spoilers: when threads turn to comments like this. I'm glad I wasn't eating lunch, that could have been ugly.

However, have you guys approached Beef Jerky as a National Sponsor?

I can see all kinds of "Messin' with Sasquatch" commercials, I'm glad John's a good sport.

Good grief. Me in a thong (not the shoe variety) would most likely result in a number of Sasquatch siting calls from the greater Lexington area.

-JWL

911, what is your problem?

I was doing about 120 miles per hour down a long straight away headed for turn 1 when all of a sudden I saw some guy in a thong waving a checkerd flag.

Sir, have you been drinking?

No, I don't drink. I'm a race car driver.

Sir, were you doing drugs at the time?

No, not this time. I'm telling you I am a race car driver and I was trying to pass all the other Mustangs and Camaros on the track but just couldn't make it happen.

Oh hell, why didn't you tell me who you were in the first place. How are you Mr Covini?

See you all in Mid-Ohio

Peder,

Thanks.

Here is the skinny,

Starters (racers who cross the start line under their own power) who are

not finishers (racers who start but do not complete half the laps) get

1/2 of the last place finisher's points. So, to get points that would

count as a race for Nats qualifying purposes you do only need one lap or

even just cross the start line under your own power and then retire. See

CCR 21.2 and 21.3 for more guidance.

By JWL

Thanks for the Thongless skinny.