Socal Reg. Specific HPDE Ques

JL01

I've only ever run once before with NASA, but have run many more events with other non-membership organizations. I'm probably around my 10 or 11th track event in 3 years. I don't think I'm ready for any advanced groups or HPDE4 run groups; the time I did run with NASA I had no idea how fast the organization ran, so I chose HPDE2. In Socal it seems HPDE1 and 2 run together; I felt the group was too slow for me. However I have never gotten any sort of record book or instructor of any kind with NASA.

Can I just register in HPDE3? They run in their own group if I am correct. Also, how can I get some sort of record to show my progress with NASA?

This isn't an official answer, but I believe you can register for any group. I believe you might get moved up or down depending on your skill/speed.

Also Socal is on the HPDE Passport system, so ask for one since you don't have one already. The Passport is a record of your HPDE progress.