VP Racing Fuel Jug Users

thefrush

I just purchased a 5 gallon jug, along with the filler tube that you have to purchase separate. It comes with this cap: http://www.vpracingfuels.com/jugcap.html Now I assume you have to remove the red piece, then screw the filler hose into the hole, however, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the red cap. It is threaded in tight, and is a very awkward shape. It has like, an 8-pointed star that I can't get any leverage on.

It's probably extremely easy and I'm just retarded, but how do you get this thing out?!?!

Hehe.

Yep, called up VP, and the gentleman kindly asked me if I was in the possession of a 1/2" drive ratchet.

I knew it was simple.

..... It has like, an 8-pointed star....

LOL. yes that is pretty fun. But be sure to remember this because there are many fasteners out there that have twice the points of the removal tool. So dont forget to think outside the box.

Similar scenarios:

very common 6 sided nut: 6 point or 12 point socket.

not as common 4 sided nut: 8 point socket.

Dont be confused when you find a tri-square fastener, it requires a tri-square tool rather than a square one. (common on German axles, trans-axles and cylinder heads)

Best of luck.

..... It has like, an 8-pointed star....

it requires a tri-square tool rather than a square one. (common on German axles, trans-axles and cylinder heads)

Best of luck.

Vdub Rabbits have these, at least the 82 'vert we had did