Az vs So Cal Crossover at Willow Aug 11-12 All 944s Invited

944-Spec#94

The next big event of the year is the annual summer crossover between Arizona and So-Cal.

The race will be at Willow Springs Aug 11 & 12 and All 944's are invited Participate and hang out in CAMP 944

There are 3 class these cars can run it

944-spec - The class we all know and love - Arizona and So-Cal 944 spec points will be awarded.

944 Cup - This is ideal for 944-spec cars prepared to 2006 rules, POC GSR or PCA SP1 cars. In fact you can even run a 2550lbs in the class should you choose. Also cars prepared to I stock or SCCA ITS cars can run in 944 cup at much reduced weights.

944 Super cup - Turbo's, S2's, and 968's prepared to F or E stock PCA with weight balancing formula.

Don't forget about the GTS classes too where only weight/hp determines the class.

Let see how many 944's we can get on the track at once. Maybe we can even get Ryan to have a 944 only run group! If you want run NASA this summer this is event to be at!

Lets start the Roll Call

944 Spec

1. Tim Comeau #22

2. Norm Hamden #99

3. Glenn Gormley #924

4. Tom Hettinger #61

5. Dave Hauck #08

6. Jim Foxx #12

7. Jon Ariano #76

9. Hal Dunn #51

944 cup

944 Super cup

GTS

HPDE

1. Rafi

2. Robert - HPDE3

3. Fred - HPDE3

4. Tony Comeau - HPDE 2

5. Jim Hicks - HPDE 2

6. David Hirsch - HPDE 4

Edited by Guest

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tim Comeau

• 944-Spec#94

• Packfill

• PeanutinCA

Tom Hettinger from AZ has expressed interest as well. It'll be great to see him again. He's PCA people for some time now......

I'd like to see the cars that will be racing classified in either Spec or Cup, and not GTS. Let's work on the attendance numbers.

I'd like to see the cars that will be racing classified in either Spec or Cup, and not GTS. Let's work on the attendance numbers.

Lets use GTS for any 3.0L, 2200lb wild V0 Type 944's. Just about any POC, PCA (Boxster, 911, 928) can run in GTS so why not invite them all.

Taking advantage of all the classes in NASA means a place for every Porsche. The more the merrier I say!

The SoCal event in August also involves a racing license school. Let's get more guys moved up to wheel-to-wheel level!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'll be bringing 2 or 3 cars now. My brother will be in one of them.

Also, Sean Steele confirmed today that he would go for sure.

I'm working on door prizes, too.

More names added to the list. See first post of the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I have the green light from Enzo to attend, as well.

We should have a great AZ showing.

@AZ guys: Are we planning a caravan? Let me know the details.

Jonny C.

ill be there if i can get my 81 931 going for HPDE 3. all i really need is a trailer, some new 1/4 copper refridgerater tubing *avalable at any local hardware store* fuel lines, intake boot made out of quick fix plumbing parts, and a pulley for the water pump and im there! *finally....* i think that pulley is somewhere in the car... i think.... and i might have to dial out A LOT of timing to run the boost i am with out an intercooler....

Looks like I have the green light from Enzo to attend, as well.

We should have a great AZ showing.

@AZ guys: Are we planning a caravan? Let me know the details.

Jonny C.

Dang Jonny!

Born that soon and starting racing. I gues with name like Enzo he HAS to let daddy race. So when is he starting karts?

Sean Steele said he's now going to the Monterey Historics for a week!

I can't get that @#$%&* guy to bring his car out to a NASA event to save my life!

He'll be at the local DE this weekend though so we know the car is alive and being exercised......

Right now our plan is to bring out CRE #002 for me, CRE #007 for my brother, Tony, and CRE #004 for an HPDE shakedown by someone else.

I need to sort out my car, so I will be there for one day (8/12). I will probably just run HPDE as I need more track time than the race group. I am breaking in a rebuilt motor, some other changes and want to be careful and probably slow

well, in case i end up not being able to run a car at willow ill be there with a camera in hand and try my hand at photography. maybe ill get a few good shots of the race.

I am shooting to be there on Friday to shake my car down, as well... it hasnt been driven in months and months...

Gotta get ready for Laguna Seca, baby!!