• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tim Comeau

• 944-Spec#94

• Packfill

• PeanutinCA

It is Orange....

Dont know how fast it will be, however.... Drivers rusty....

So you really will be the moving pylon for the red group guys

Jim,

I know just how you feel....

Went up to Willow last month with the CERATEC car. Had to run a few laps just to get the kinks out of my A$$, and the car, too.

But it was great to see all the NASA guys again.

hey guys did you get that NASA email about a possible TV channel broadcasting our races? make shrue your cars are pretty and your ears de-waxed!

Mike I think it may just be for Nationals. Still one more reason to go to Nationals.

Need money? Convince your sponsor they NEED the TV exposure.

hey guys did you get that NASA email about a possible TV channel broadcasting our races? make shrue your cars are pretty and your ears de-waxed!

A new all-racing network channel, TRN, is about to launch in 2008. It will feature many forms of racing. Been told that NASA will have at least 10 hours of 1st-run programming (plus reruns) during 2008.

http://www.theracingnetwork.com/

Oh, cool......

Kinda like SPEEDVISION when it first came out.....

.....and this time, NO FRICKIN" HILL BILLY ROUNDIE-ROUND of any kind.

Vintage road racing is way better to watch that the latest TERBACKY-CHEWIN' NASCAR racing

Hey, seriously guys, who else with a 944 can we get to come up to Willow for this next event? I'd like to see a big SoCal 944 turnout.

It doesn't matter if they enter in HPDE, Spec , Cup or Super Cup. Tell your friends to join us!

The Flat-out Motorsports Porsche 944 #1 and #2 will be testing on Friday... If any one is out, come on by our pit and say Hi to Dean WInger, or myself. If we can help with cars, etc, let us know as we will just be doing shake outs to get ready for Laguna Seca. and I think David Hirsch will be there on Sunday in HPDE (4) or something.

David Hirsch emailed saying he was entering the HPDE groups for more track time.

Well, that and the fact that he doesn't actually have a NASA race license or membership...

That's true, Jim.

David and I talked about him entering the 944 racing classes (Cup), but after talking about it, we came to the conclusion that he'd be better served ( more track time) by entering in the HPDE groups.

I can't be there this time, it seems that my over heating issue is getting the best of me and I am not talking about my car unfortunately. I will have to wait for cooler weather. Remember, once you've gotten heat exhaustion, it NEVER goes away, so stay cool this weekend!!!!

Good luck everybody and have fun!!!

Sorry to hear that Norm,

I guess we can just hang out in Arizona and wish we were there.

On a much brigther note things are looking alot better in that I just may be able to pull off the September race. Our plans to visit a friends wedding are falling apart. Still to early to commit, but there is a chance!

Can anyone chime in on what happened this weekend? This was the big test for the new rules. If indeed they worked and were worth the effort, there should have been some super close racing between "Terrible Timeee Comeau and Mikael Weize. Two fast drivers in (now) equal cars. Some one tell us what happened? How did the AZ guys do at mastering a high speed track... How many SoCal guys turned out... who won all the Toyo Bucks!!

I won Saturday and Sunday. Another double triple crown, pole, fastest lap and win. My car felt loose all weekend so I'm switching back to my old alignment settings. A fun battle with Glen for the first couple of laps on Saturday until he had to back off due to over heating. The rest of the race was TT and much the same on Sunday. Hopefully there was more exciting racing mid and back pack.

Glen, who was 2nd was running 1-2 sec slower I think. Can't quite remember. Lap times should be posted on Mylaps.

I did a little coaching with Hal from AZ and he lowered his times by about 4 seconds by the end of the weekend running 1.44's. I drove Hals car for a few laps and got within 1 second of my own laptimes so Hal now knows his car is competitive.

I'll try to post a report to the 944 spec website tonight. I have a busy week at the shop, the Tijuana Grand Prix to prep for, and a house guest from Germany.....oh, and a sick boy.....

Short version is that I had some great racing with Glen, but my rechargeable camera batteries died before the green flag on Sunday! The weather wasn't too bad.

Jim,

You can't compare my car's engine to Mikael's right now. Mine's a tired street engine. I'll dyno it soon , before it gets redone. Also, I know my car's heavy. I was also on old tires. I just went up there to have fun with my racing friends.

This wasn't the big test for anything....

BTW, Ryan told me that if a few more of you 944 drivers would have shown up, it might have been our class that was picked for the TV coverage. Oh, well.