• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tim Comeau

• 944-Spec#94

• Packfill

• DavidH

Yes it would be great to see a race with all our Champions on an unfamiliar track. Nationals?

There is a VERY well set up Spec car available at nationals, set up by Mantisport - arrive & drive. It would be fun to get Mike out!

BTW, after driving at Mid-Ohio for the 1st time - with all of its elevation changes, and some off-camber corners, I can really appreciate the need for an LSD - only good thing was that I got to round off my flat spotted tire by putting it in the inside rear .

I've been racing in 5 to 10 car fields with the POC for a couple of years now and have had a blast. The attraction for me to race with NASA was the very large fields that were promised when I started with 944Spec and NASA several years ago. I'm still attracted by those fields but given the rate of growth in any region it will take a very long time for those fields to appear if 944Spec tries to go it alone. If 944Challenge were combined as Jim suggests the dream of 20 to 30 944s on the track at the same time could happen. That is why I'm keeping my 944 even though I'll be racing my Boxster with the POC next year. I'm waiting to see how NASA evolves but in the meantime I'm racing in 10 to 12 events per year and my money is not going to NASA.

Racing school coming up at the next event!....

Glen and I had some great dicing at the Willow event. That's what we're there for.

Eric,

You can remember watching a race at Willow from the grandstands in turn 1, with Chris Wiles. Remember I dropped back to beyond the last place 944, then tried to "race" my way back up through the 944's? Why?

I could have driven off over the horizon, but that's like TT'ing (not that there's anything wrong with that! ).

I wanted to race with my friends. I wanted close racing with my friends. I never wanted my car to be any faster than anybody else's and I never tried anything to make my car faster than anybody else's. Nobody ever referred to the Zebra car as a "rocket."

I'm very confident in my driving abilites, as is Glen, Joe, Norm, etc. Nothing to prove. We have tremendous respect for each other and we trust each other. We'll keep doing things our 944 spec way and things will sort themselves out.

We're going to have some more great racing at Buttonwillow at the next event.

When are you going to build another 944?

Tim are you saying you would rather be passed by Mike twice in one race? You allready think he's cheating and now you want him to rub your nose in it? I would think if he litterally drove circles around you that you would be very upset! If that's what you want then I'll need to bring my video camera so I can witness it.

Keep up the great work though as it looks like some more drivers are trickling in.

Also I will not be building a car anytime soon as I am having too much fun with my boys! Also I would go the Boxster route.

I currently only have enough time to run in one series (POC or NASA). I selected POC as my car was built to the old NASA and current POC rules, so no changes were necessary. I had to rebuild my motor recently and I went with POC rules. I do want close racing with many cars and at this point (in California) there is higher attendance with POC, thus the reason for building to the POC rules.

I may run in an event here or there with NASA in Cup if there are more participants in the future. Ultimately, my very busy work and family schedule dictates my race schedule.

Look for the Big Pink Palace when you get there...

I will hold as many spaces as I can... I will be there Thursday night....

Laguna "Freakin" Seca. This is probably my favorite track in the county, even though I dont really do well there???

C ya THERE!!

David,

We all understand. The changes you would need to make to cross back and forth are not overwhelming, but can be a pain if you don't work on the car yourself, and already have limited time!

My kids aren't getting any smaller or less active.

I hope all you guys have a safe trip up to Laguna and back. Have fun.

Laguna's my favorite track as well. I don't know how I will do though as I made some changes that I am not sure I like.

See y'all there. I can't wait as it has been too long since I have been on the track.