• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fred Crawford

• Lucid Moments

• trhoads

• REDRAGN53

bluedragon77

Well, technically I think it was a red firebird in the movie where the "RED DRAGON" comes from, but certainly there is enough room for a Blue Dragon (Camaro)..... But really I just couldn't come up with anything original and I'm not a big RED car fan, so Blue dragon just is what it is.....

But don't worry i"M not trying to crowd your turf, unless you upgrade to American Iron, but I don't think they are letting Honda's in that class just yet.... See you at CMP..

jkballardbpl

I'm trying to be there... if my blue POS (95 Turbo Miata) that I have been trying to turn into a race car doesn't empty my wallet. The rock is killing me. Cracked my cylinder head last weekend. In april, got hit. Last October blew the engine. The time before that had the radiator blow up. Nothing like a good shake down!!

I'm going to Hyperfest this weekend, now taking bets on the over/under on the repair bill.

JB

I'm trying to be there... if my blue POS (95 Turbo Miata) that I have been trying to turn into a race car doesn't empty my wallet. The rock is killing me. Cracked my cylinder head last weekend. In april, got hit. Last October blew the engine. The time before that had the radiator blow up. Nothing like a good shake down!!

I'm going to Hyperfest this weekend, now taking bets on the over/under on the repair bill.

JB

Doggone Jim, if you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all!

Hope it all works out the Hyperfest!

REDRAGN53
Well, technically I think it was a red firebird in the movie where the "RED DRAGON" comes from, but certainly there is enough room for a Blue Dragon (Camaro)..... But really I just couldn't come up with anything original and I'm not a big RED car fan, so Blue dragon just is what it is.....

But don't worry i"M not trying to crowd your turf, unless you upgrade to American Iron, but I don't think they are letting Honda's in that class just yet.... See you at CMP..

Your down with "Old School" so I guess you can stay...

"Blue, your my boy!"

jkballardbpl

The over/under is $298.29... any takers! Remember its a miata, I can replace the whole car for under a grand. I'm pretty sure I've got the heat thing solved. I wired up a water temp gauge so that when it hits 240 degress, it closed a circut with the alternator and shocks me. That ought to get my attention before another melt down. My mechanic is going to Bermuda... what's wrong with that picture!

JB

Born to finish one race

Fred Crawford
The over/under is $298.29... any takers! Remember its a miata, I can replace the whole car for under a grand. I'm pretty sure I've got the heat thing solved. I wired up a water temp gauge so that when it hits 240 degress, it closed a circut with the alternator and shocks me. That ought to get my attention before another melt down. My mechanic is going to Bermuda... what's wrong with that picture!

JB

Born to finish one race

Best of luck,,,, finish one race please............ whats those wires shocking, hurry up, could be painful....

Fc

Electrican

• 2 weeks later...
WRX Dave

Are there any gas stations near the track? If not are we allowed to store fuel cans in the paddock? I want to keep a bit of emergency fuel in case I run low during the day.

Lucid Moments
Are there any gas stations near the track? If not are we allowed to store fuel cans in the paddock? I want to keep a bit of emergency fuel in case I run low during the day.

There is a gas station right outside the entrance to the track. I used their gas back in Feb and had no problems. Don't remember the brand though. I also believe that the track has some gas, probably expensive though.

I have used the gas at the entrance to CMP for years with no problems. There is a BP station about 10 minutes up the road also. CMP does sell race fuel also.

• Members

CMP has race fuel - contact any of the track officials and they can radio the gas attendant.

...and I have used the gas station just outside the entrance for years for the race car and my tow vehicle (except lately as I have needed diesel and they don't sell diesel! )

Lucid Moments, will you be going to CMP? How do you get there from your neck of the N. GA woods. A few of the GA RX-8 guys are going caravan it again, and I know you traveled down to RR with some of them not too long ago, and thought I would extend the invite again.

I will be there at CMP, first time out since RR last year. So DE 2 will have a good back marker in the field again. new tires, and rusty driver, ought to be a lot of fun. Cant' wait.

Lucid Moments
Lucid Moments, will you be going to CMP? How do you get there from your neck of the N. GA woods. A few of the GA RX-8 guys are going caravan it again, and I know you traveled down to RR with some of them not too long ago, and thought I would extend the invite again.

I will be there at CMP, first time out since RR last year. So DE 2 will have a good back marker in the field again. new tires, and rusty driver, ought to be a lot of fun. Cant' wait.

I am going to be there. I go I85 to I185 to...... and so on. I planned on convoying with the RX-8 guys, but we missed each other at the meeting place. I'll be glad to meet up if anybody is going my way. My plan right now is to leave right after lunch on Friday and get there in time to check into the hotel and tech the car Friday night. Let me know.

Fred Crawford

I am going to be there. I go I85 to I185 to...... and so on. I planned on convoying with the RX-8 guys, but we missed each other at the meeting place. I'll be glad to meet up if anybody is going my way. My plan right now is to leave right after lunch on Friday and get there in time to check into the hotel and tech the car Friday night. Let me know.

Lucidio,

Noodle man come look me up friday nite for a frosty.........

Fc

Bartender

Lucid Moments

Lucidio,

Noodle man come look me up friday nite for a frosty.........

Fc

Bartender

Definitely will do. I may even bring a beer or two myself

I'll be driving out from Atlanta, if you guys are going to arrange a meeting point somewhere on the way on Friday afternoon let me know and i'll see if I can meet you there and then continue out as a group.

bpt

b_tone, which route do you take out of ATL. We will be leaving, and heaidn out I-20, probably meeting up on I-20 around 1 PM or so.

b_tone, which route do you take out of ATL. We will be leaving, and heaidn out I-20, probably meeting up on I-20 around 1 PM or so.

I am on the north side of the city so I can go either I85 or I20. Both routes are within about 5 miles of each other from my office.