Club Course for the Nationals

Ernesto Roco

• Members
Can someone explain why it's called the "pro" course?

Assuming it's because that's what CART/Champ/Indy use(d) (Pro) vs. what NASA/SCCA (club(s)) use, but there could be a more detailed explaination......

someone correct me if I am wrong but I heard that several years ago the indy lights were running faster times than the pro cars so they put the chicane in and made the lights run the chicane and let the pro cars run the straight so the pros would run faster times.......

I like the pro course better, it lets the higher HP cars have a longer straight to stretch their legs. Mid-O has enough turns as it is and favors the lighter cars enough even in the pro config. The pro config also opens up a better passing zone and this is something the fans will like to watch.

Can someone explain why it's called the "pro" course?

Assuming it's because that's what CART/Champ/Indy use(d) (Pro) vs. what NASA/SCCA (club(s)) use, but there could be a more detailed explaination......

someone correct me if I am wrong but I heard that several years ago the indy lights were running faster times than the pro cars so they put the chicane in and made the lights run the chicane and let the pro cars run the straight so the pros would run faster times.......

I once heard the same information, Will. Politics was supposedly the raison d'etre here.

We could always just run the course backwards so no one would have an advantage.

No, I don't want to do this at all by the way, I'm just stirring the pot.

We could always just run the course backwards so no one would have an advantage.

No, I don't want to do this at all by the way, I'm just stirring the pot.

I know my pucker point would be turn 1 under the bridge!!

Running it backwards,.......separating the men, from the boys brothers.

Again, I'm not advocating this.

What would turn 11 be like, a jump like Grattan?

I like the pro course better, it lets the higher HP cars have a longer straight to stretch their legs.

The back stretch isn't enough? My stock CMC car with 3.73 goes into 5th on the back straight with stock tranny gears (5th is .67).

Does anyone know the basis for changing the course this year? I did get a survey after the nationals and I did select to keep the club configuration. Was this survey what changed the course?

Running it backwards,.......separating the men, from the boys brothers.

Again, I'm not advocating this.

What would turn 11 be like, a jump like Grattan?

That's sort of what I was thinking. I think that would be the most intense corner if you ran it backwards. You would be carrying a ton of speed into the braking zone.

I believe I voted "CLUB", as to me, the club course promotes "brains", and the pro course promotes "balls".

But you could tell me we're running upside daown and backwards, and I'll still be there.

• 2 months later...