DriverGT5

Who wants neck restraints?

jtgb

I found this excerpt at http://www.ioportracing.com/faq/R3-HNR.htm

The 80% Rule: SFI has given a break to the manufacturers by allowing the deletion of one frontal impact test when the product scores below 80% of the maximum allowable neck tension value. The maximum allowable neck tension for SFI 38.1 is 4000 N; 3200 is 80%.

Therefore, the R3, the HANS, and the Hutchens II have all passed under 3200 N neck tension in a 70G test. As a reference, Dale Earnhardt's crash was estimated at 42G's and 38 mph change in velocity.

jtgb
I'm not sure about you, but I trust myself more then I trust a HPDE 1 student in a fast street car, so where is the HNR more important?????

I feel the same way when I'm teaching my teenage daughter how to drive on the street. Maybe there's an untapped market for HNR devices for stressed out parents...

jhall1957
I'm not sure about you, but I trust myself more then I trust a HPDE 1 student in a fast street car, so where is the HNR more important?????

I feel the same way when I'm teaching my teenage daughter how to drive on the street. Maybe there's an untapped market for HNR devices for stressed out parents...

Already thought about that as I have a 17 yr old daughter I taught to drive my old 330ci-5 speed and I have a 15.5 yr old daughter with a 328i.

The issue seemed to be they didn't like me wearing my helmet! As good as the R3 is, it still needs something to hold the melon tight!