'07 Lotus Exige S...

V8VENOM

You're right.. i thought the original rear tire size was a 195, but it's in fact a 225. Considering standard size for TTA is a 295, that's a healthy number of bonus points... given that, the Elise could be a sleeper for its respective TT class, provided it's a good car. I'm tempted to take back what I said about building a $20K BMW!

anyone selling an Elise? lol

Just to clarify, this is the Exige S with Track package not the Elise, similar but not the same. I believe the Elise is TTB.

an exige with 19 points removed, that started in tta with 7 pts, is now in ttb with 11 pts to spare.

talk about a sleeper.

(pending points additions for tires.)

so you could run a stock exige S, in TTB, on 225 hoosiers.

damn.

so just out of curiosity, since this car has the "track package" on it does that mean the car takes the extra points for things like the 048's(i think that's the tire it comes with) that come on it?

phoenix says it's an elise so I guess that is a no penalty

yeah, bone stock I can't see anything in TTB that could come close -- think some type of rules change will be needed

yeah, bone stock I can't see anything in TTB that could come close -- think some type of rules change will be needed

You should probably put down some lap times before saying that. Not saying an Elise can't be fast, but I haven't seen one.. even Greenbaum beats those.. in his Neon.

Exige S is 23rd on this list (don't know if it were tested with Track package and no idea if they adjusted the suspension for track):

http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonbbc2/laptimes/thestig/

I've raced and tracked enough cars to know about where they line up.

But if an Exige S can stay in TTB with Hoosiers, then that must be a $100,000 neon. Anyway, sure I agree, yeah -- TTB is fine

SRT4s are no joke

guess what finished 5th this year in One Lap of America (no holds barred outside of street tires) behind a GT2 Porsche, Hennesy Viper, 650hp Supra and an Ultima GTR?

a Neon (SRT4) that I was part of the team on

Exige S is 23rd on this list (don't know if it were tested with Track package and no idea if they adjusted the suspension for track):

http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonbbc2/laptimes/thestig/

I've raced and tracked enough cars to know about where they line up.

But if an Exige S can stay in TTB with Hoosiers, then that must be a $100,000 neon. Anyway, sure I agree, yeah -- TTB is fine

and two spots up that list is an evo that's far less prepared suspension/tire wise than the one you'll be running with in norcal ttb so at least you should have a little competition

ps. anyone know why quotes aren't working properly for me? Because you had "Disable BBCode in this post" checked off--GG

Yeah the FQ-400 is wicked, but only 100 built with 175 mph top speed. 405 bhp would be nice -- to bad it wasn't available state side -- factoring in conversion, price it is about the same maybe a little more than the Exige S.

But don't kid yourself, the FQ-400 is VERY well prepared Evo with a Bilstein suspension (oddly similar components to the Exige) and is only two spots up with a 3/10th advantage but twice as much HP but only 700 lbs more weight. If you look at 42nd spot, that's were you find the more common Evo VIII (but to it's credit it is ahead of the STi).

Lotus Elise is 77 spot

Lotus Exige is 33 spot

Lotus Exige S is 23 spot

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=2122

You should probably put down some lap times before saying that. Not saying an Elise can't be fast, but I haven't seen one.. even Greenbaum beats those.. in his Neon.

yes, but were not talking an elise, we're talking a supercharged exige.

2200 lbs-ish and over 200 hp?

they're plenty quick. and thats stock rubber, which while sticky, is no hoosier.

edit: my bad, two conversations going on at once here.

but i'm not talking about a stock evo either. i'm talking about specific cars in your class.

i'm not saying the exige isn't a great car, hell i think you drop .3 on looks alone

i just think you may have a bit of competition or at least i hope so. it's no fun to see a car completely outclass a field(unless it's your own of course)

btw,it's not too tough to make an evo out perform the fq-400. actually my own car is a decent example although it's a tta car. double adjustable/piggyback res ohlin flags, alcon 6-pots/4-pots, wider r-comp tires, and 320whp on a fairly conservative dyno probably puts me pretty close to the 400's crank numbers.

i don't think it's too far off the mark and not terrible for a econobox 4-door

No doubt, EVO VIII and STi both excellent cars.

Your EVO sounds evil, but is probably TTA -- no? I know with only minor mods my STi was on the edge of TTB.

Exige S is TTA* -- which I think is really TTB with tire rule - not clear on this? In other words I think I got plenty or mod room seeing as I'm starting with a very good base.

Pending options package, the Exige S is anywhere from 1995 - 2055 lbs. (AC is a factory option) bhp is 220.

There are 400 bhp Exige S also if you wanna drop about 8K into bolt ons -- this would make HP/weigh ratio pretty insane. My goal is more modest, just get to about 250-260 bhp (reliable and fast enough) with simple pully & ECU -- the suspension can be easily adjusted to make effecitve use of Hoosiers if I decided to go with them.

But I'm more interested to see what can be done bone stock with just some suspension adjustments. I'll think about the most effective use of points & mods later on.

yep, my car is in tta but the other evo i was talking about is in ttb. only real differences are single adj. ohlins, stock brembo calipers, and around 25 less hp. oh i almost forgot,(at least i try to) he's a better driver than i am

yeah not quite sure how that tire thing works since it comes with an r-comp from the factory.

can't wait to check out your car though. are you going to make it to t-hill in aug.

• National Staff

The Exige S is a wicked car, and we just haven't seen one on the track yet with someone that can drive the thing like it should be driven. I always love these types of threads, because they remind me to add another asterix to the car's classing for the next year

The 405 bhp EVO is TTB -- dang that is definitely a sleeper then. What does your EVO weigh and what tires do you use for track? Sounds like you should be in the high 1:50's at Thill.

I love THill, done many days there in both race cars, track cars, and even my Kart. Got lots of video footage -- burnt up some front hoosiers due a mistake I made in toe setting on my old STi -- doooh!

I'll have to check the Thill date, I'll be in SoCal Aug 17 ish so I'm not sure.

Yeah, I have not seen a video yet with someone in an Exige S that knows how to drive - most are 3 feet to 2 car lengths away from the apex. The Exige S has no power steering, but a very quick ratio so it doesn't take much steering wheel input but once it loads it does take some effort on steering input. Fortunately my Karting experience has helped tremendously with being smooth. With Exige S you wanna use ALL the curb and then some because the suspension works so well over curbs/bumps.

Add an Asterix when I get the thing up from 220 bhp to 260 bhp. Right now in a straight line I'm able to match a standard C6 Vette, but not even close to the C6 Z06 (doesn't that thing run like a high 11 sec 1/4 mi). Sure under the brakes and in the corners I gain some but it has just too much power on exit. I good C6 Z06 driver will leave me for dead at 220 bhp. At 260 bhp the Exige S will run about a 12.0 flat 1/4 mi which puts it much closer to the stock C6 Z06. Right now I'm running 12.7 - 12.8 1/4 mi range, ok, but not great (gotta love Wednesday night drags).

Then there is the Z07 which is supposed to have 650 bhp. Then I really would need to invest about 8K to dust off that monster.

But I must admit, right now I'm getting 26 mpg in the Exige S around town.

the ttb car is right around 300 wheel hp. isn't bhp crank numbers? not sure how to come up with an accurate conversion since everyone has a different take on what the drivetrain loss is.

my car weighs 3320 with me and a quarter tank of gas. i was using 275 ra-1s

but i'm trying out a set of 255 r888's.

i'm still setting up the new ohlins so i don't really have any data from anywhere but my old car with a similar setup(single adj. ohlins, little less hp, and 275 ra-1) did low 2:05's over the top. so i figure i should be around 2:02's with this car.

i'm sure the car is faster it's just that i'm not. nothing a bit more seat time won't help

bhp and hp are the same -- brake horse power (bhp) -- measure at the flywheel.

Ok, found a local outfit (in Livermore CA) to install pully (10psi) and intake and ECU (exhaust I've already done) and dyno tune for 91 octane (guessing about <$2K investment includes dyno time).

Looks like this setup is generating 265 whp on customer cars at their dyno (corrected). Toss in a Braille battery and I'll be down to 1997 lbs which will put my Exige S at 7.5 (if I stick with my stock track package tires) that'll still keep me in TTA.

That should get me in 997 GT3 straight line performance (7.4) category, but I'll have the lateral g and braking edge.

You might just see me at Thill espeically since my Exige S generates some good downforce numbers at speed and Thill has many high speed turns (accusump will be installed T1/T2 oil starvation corners, but the motor already carroes 6 QT oil for the oil cooling system).

Should be interesting.

Rob.

bhp and hp are the same -- brake horse power (bhp) -- measure at the flywheel.

Ok, found a local outfit (in Livermore CA) to install pully (10psi) and intake and ECU (exhaust I've already done) and dyno tune for 91 octane (guessing about <$2K investment includes dyno time).

Looks like this setup is generating 265 whp on customer cars at their dyno (corrected). Toss in a Braille battery and I'll be down to 1997 lbs which will put my Exige S at 7.5 (if I stick with my stock track package tires) that'll still keep me in TTA.

That should get me in 997 GT3 straight line performance (7.4) category, but I'll have the lateral g and braking edge.

You might just see me at Thill espeically since my Exige S generates some good downforce numbers at speed and Thill has many high speed turns (accusump will be installed T1/T2 oil starvation corners, but the motor already carroes 6 QT oil for the oil cooling system).

Should be interesting.

Rob.

So lemme get this straight here.. assuming a 200lb driver

2197 / 265 = 8.29 +0.8 (<245 tires) = 9.09 - 1.05 (2200-2150lb comp weight) = 8.04:1 = TTS

Greg, add a couple more **s to that car.