First time at Willow Springs July 10th

BETO

My first time at Willow Springs in July for HPDE event. I am coming from Vegas. I need some info on where to stay close by and cheap. Track length. Any info you may think I need.

I'll be running group 3, anybody else? What you drive? I have a 2dr Accord.

July will be very hot. Bring lots of water and Gatorade. If you have an Easy-Up or some portable shade, that's probably good to bring as well since you'll want to be out of the sun as much as possible. I'm sure coming from Vegas you know the deal. Last event we had 104 degree track temps and it was only mid-80s air temp. We could easily see triple digit air temps and a scotching track.

The place most of us stay is the Desert Inn. http://www.desert-inn.com/. Ask for the Willow Springs rate, which is usually a decent deal. It is a little drive from the track, but there isn't much out in Rosamond (besides the track).

The track is 2.5 miles long. More data on the track an be found at http://www.willowspringsraceway.com.

If I can get humpty-dumpty together again I might be there with the #98 NX2000 SE-R Cup car, or if the trans comes back from Australia the #99 SRX turbo SE-R will be there as well.

You call a 104 day in July very hot, ha..try that in Vegas, at midnight!

Thank you for the info. I have all of that.

How much time behind the wheel? How many groups together?

I like to see pics of your vehicles.

Here is my stock Accord at last OTC event in Vegas, back in AprilIMG_2634.JPG

You call a 104 day in July very hot, ha..try that in Vegas, at midnight!

104 for April/May was pretty hot. July will be much hotter. But not like Vegas. We were there a couple years ago for an event at LVMS. It was like 98 when we were towing home at 9 PM!

How much time behind the wheel? How many groups together?

Here is the schedule from an event last year at Big Willow. It should be similar: http://www.nasaproracing.com/socal/schedmayws.htm

Usually 4 sessions per day for HPDE. HPDE 3 will likely be in its own group.

I like to see pics of your vehicles.

98_sweeper_buttonwillow.jpg99_esses_buttonwillow.jpg

I like the 99 SRX. I guess you are a Datsun/Nissan kind of guy

I'll do my best to make it that weekend, there is an Evo class scheduled for the same Saturday in LA.

Hope to see you in Willow Springs