What car to get?

crazy_ugly_coyote

Alright Im torn between 2 cars. I eventually want to get into TT and possibly after that a race group. Ive been auto X'ing for a few years and have just started HDPE. My current car is a 4cyl 2001 Eclipse and now I need something that pack a little more punch.

The two cars Im torn between is either a brand new MazdaSpeed 3 or a used Evo IX. Both are aprox the same amount (about $23K ish). Does anyone here have any experience with these two cars? Ive been fooling around with both turbo and non turbo mitsubishi's for a years now as well as AWD and FWD cars.

Or is there even another car I should consider? I need it to have a good after market support as well as be fairly simple to work on. The only thing that kinda scares me on the Evo is the MIVEC which I have no experience with.... but Im always up for a challenge.

Oh if you do suggest a different car it has to either be a 4 door or have enough room in the rear to keep 4 tires, jack, and tool box.

well with that budget pick up a used porsche 944 turbo. or build up a 944 spec or cup car. simple to work on as far as post 70's car goes. cheap, realitivly with the exception of a few parts. and theres more support for them then you might think. i love my 924 S. basically a 944 in 924 body.

well with that budget pick up a used porsche 944 turbo. or build up a 944 spec or cup car. simple to work on as far as post 70's car goes. cheap, realitivly with the exception of a few parts. and theres more support for them then you might think. i love my 924 S. basically a 944 in 924 body.

Yeah but I cant fit all my stuff in there. Besides Im kinda biased towards a newer car because of the computer aspect and warranty. I forgot to mention it will be a daily driver for a while till Im actually ready to run a race group which could be years from now.

Truck - 8,000

Trailer - 2,000

Miata - 10,000

....and 3,000 leftover.

At least this is close to what I paid.

Be sure and checkout MazdaSpeed support if you go with the Speed 3.

Try an 04/05 GTO. Quick, cheaper than an EVO, plenty of room for your things, and pretty nice handling.

If not that, go for a Porsche 944. CHEAP, quick, fast around turns.

porsche 944 turbo. keep the interior in it. 300 hp is easy and its a VERY usefull daily driver due to its large cargo area. my dad used my car to bring home A LOT of stuff from his hardware store one night.... about 800lbs worth in a 924 S. same size cargo area. take a look next time you see one up close. its quite large back there.... sorry to keep on the porsche thing but hey, i love them for a reason. but i do have a 2002 Ford Focust SVT for sale if it interests you. 180 hp, 6 speed, 2750 lbs and its a hatchback.