• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrie

• slammed_93_hatch

• DaveWright

• Redstone

So many rumor and speculation. B16B with B18 internals, Built B16, built B18, who knows.

Let Autosport say it themselves here in writing.

We have been hearing that there is a big fuzz and confusion on the motor that we are running. If there is any concerns with Autosport, please feel free to direct it to us at the shop.

For the record...our motor is Honda Challenge Legal.

We are using a 1.8 with Stock Honda Internals.

WE focus on other aspects of a race car rather than just the motor

Don't be all defensive.

I never said the motor is illegal. Never even implied. I'm just correcting the poster that the engine is not stock. Stock cams and cam gears too?

We have been hearing that there is a big fuzz and confusion on the motor that we are running. If there is any concerns with Autosport, please feel free to direct it to us at the shop.

Why don't you clarify it here, so no one is confuse.

Edited by Guest

I believe that the engine is legal without a doubt, but stock HONDA cams too?

jmeris

So many rumor and speculation. B16B with B18 internals, Built B16, built B18, who knows.

Let Autosport say it themselves here in writing.

THAT is good to hear. It is great to see a new car out in HC, but next time you are a newcommer to a series bringing a competitive car with good drivers, read the rules and make sure it is legal, or people are going to start talking.

IMO, there is no excuse for bringing a obviosly illegal car to a race, putting an ex-pro driver in the seat, winning and then bitching about being DQed for being underweight, and having illegal bodywork. As I recall, it was under the B16 weight running a B18.

I am very excited to have your car in the series, not only is it a fast car, but adding Dave to the HC drivers can only boost our series. See you guys at backward T-hill, I'm excited.

Why would we complain about a DQ at Infineon? We entered our car as a fun run to your group. Having nothing to do with your points race in Honda Challenge. Again if there are any concerns, we are available at the shop from 9:30am to 7pm.

Andrie....We are not being defensive. I am just trying to clear up the confusion about our motor. And yes I can Assure you they are 100% stock honda cams and cam gears all the way down to the hondabond.

Why would we complain about a DQ at Infineon? We entered our car as a fun run to your group. Having nothing to do with your points race in Honda Challenge. Again if there are any concerns, we are available at the shop from 9:30am to 7pm.

Andrie....We are not being defensive. I am just trying to clear up the confusion about our motor. And yes I can Assure you they are 100% stock honda cams and cam gears all the way down to the hondabond.

wow, since it's a b-series engine and cams are allowed, just think how much more competitive it would be with aftermarket cams and cam gears. Who says the B-series are dead?!

jmeris

Hmm. This is all very weird to me. I personally went over to the Autosport guys on June 30- July 1 at Infineon after Ken Dobson drove the car. They said it was a B16 back then that only made 150 hp. It was weird to me back then because although I am a rookie and not nearly the driver Dobson is they were able to pass me down the straight and pull a car length by turn 1. I have a B18 with cams approx. 180-185 hp. Seemed odd then. Maybe a pro driver equals 40 horsepower on the straight. You guys still have that B16? If so I am interested.

there’s a few reasons why there was confusion about the motor for me.

for one, I was told by the team @ Infineon that it was a 100% STOCK B16B making 150whp.... right!!!

I totally understand that a great driver can do miracles in any car. I know that a lesser powered lighter car doesn’t necessarily mean its going to be slower than a higher powered heavier car. There are tons of things to factor into make a car go fast other than just horse power. Less rotational mass, better aero, less drag, and of course good corner speed & exit speed will always help with more MPH down the straight.

But... for a STOCK 1.8 B-Series to exit turn 15 behind Andrie’s K24 and be able to out drag him down the straight is damn impressive, almost unbelievable. *note to Andrie… I think you need more Nitrous ï

But Graham,

My motor is bone stock K24. making 200HP at the crank. That should only translate to 170HP at the wheels, and weight at 2560 lbs.

But Graham,

My motor is bone stock K24. making 200HP at the crank. That should only translate to 170HP at the wheels, and weight at 2560 lbs.

You need to sell your stock K24 and go back to a B18 then!

170whp my ass.. 205hp stock plus your bolt ons and Kpro = a good 200-210whp!

But Graham,

You need to sell your stock K24 and go back to a B18 then!

170whp my ass.. 205hp stock plus your bolt ons and Kpro = a good 200-210whp!

I might very well be. What is a stock B18C rated at? 200 HP at the crank. I say we are about even, then. Of course, 300 lbs lighter should be a benefit.

B18, here I come!

Chris Drabouski (6ghatch) made 233/192 out of his K24A2. I guess you must have got a bunk motor from acura...

Dude, that must be east coast number

Hmm. This is all very weird to me. I personally went over to the Autosport guys on June 30- July 1 at Infineon after Ken Dobson drove the car. They said it was a B16 back then that only made 150 hp. It was weird to me back then because although I am a rookie and not nearly the driver Dobson is they were able to pass me down the straight and pull a car length by turn 1. I have a B18 with cams approx. 180-185 hp. Seemed odd then. Maybe a pro driver equals 40 horsepower on the straight. You guys still have that B16? If so I am interested.

exit speed out of the corner has a lot to do with it.

A GSR, and the Autosports EF both wouldn't always pull on me on the strights. And both of those cars have 35 to 40 more HP. I had more corner exit speed then them in some corners.

However in exit of turn 1 the same gsr that wouldn't always pass me flew by me like i was standing still.

Why??? because i don't carry alot of speed out off 1, and the driver of the GSR car does.

If the car is a 1.8L, it should have been DQ'd on saturday. the car weight in at 2277 and the minimum weight is 2280 for the car. It was unlcear to me and some other racers that it was a 1.8L. It would have been nice to know that.

I agree with Jimmy. If it was clear from the beginning whether it had a B16 or B18 all of this would never have come up. Oh well, who cares anyway? We are all having fun. At least I am. Dude, Jimmy, quit hatin on my exit speed man! J/K

Devin Raynal

Redstone Motors #6

This is entertaining:)!

I'm looking forward to doing a few fun runs with you guys with my admittedly illegal (non-honda high compression pistons, etc) B18 CRX. Don't discount, for a minute, how good of a driver Dave is. Andrie is a great driver as well, it was a good duel. Dave won the USTCC with an Evo that they added so much weight to each weekend it was ludicorus. that car ended up at 3600 pounds with sverely restricted boost, and he still kicked ass.....

I got dibs on Andrie's K24! See Andrie, you should never have sold "Fart Machine". Long live the eg hatch.

Devin Raynal

Redstone Motors #6

you don't want his... his K24A2 only makes 170whp.. duh!

I agree with Jimmy & Dev.. corner speed is where its at!

This is entertaining:)!

I'm looking forward to doing a few fun runs with you guys with my admittedly illegal (non-honda high compression pistons, etc) B18 CRX. Don't discount, for a minute, how good of a driver Dave is. Andrie is a great driver as well, it was a good duel. Dave won the USTCC with an Evo that they added so much weight to each weekend it was ludicorus. that car ended up at 3600 pounds with sverely restricted boost, and he still kicked ass.....

Percy, I agree, the car is nothing without Dave Brown. I had a great battle. Definitely hope he will remain in the series, or run full season next year. Competition are stepping up. This is a good thing and can only bring more people interested in the series.

I agree with Jimmy. If it was clear from the beginning whether it had a B16 or B18 all of this would never have come up. Oh well, who cares anyway? We are all having fun. At least I am. Dude, Jimmy, quit hatin on my exit speed man! J/K

Devin Raynal

Redstone Motors #6

says the guy who is running koni sports and turning 2:05:xx at thunderhill,8):shock:

I couldn't get over that. you are driveing the ever living heck out of your car.

lets see what you do with a set of dampers that will work the whole race, and some actual rate under the car!!!

Edited by Guest

next time out we should have the new dampers and springs on. With some fine tuning im hoping we drop one or 2 seconds.

cant wait to see what going from Koni Sports w/ 450f and 550r to Koni 2812's with 800f 1200r is like.

I got dibs on Andrie's K24! See Andrie, you should never have sold "Fart Machine". Long live the eg hatch.

Devin Raynal

Redstone Motors #6

No you don't have dibs because:

Dave Brown is the man. But if that motor is stock B18C, I'll quit racing tomorrow.

If it is a stock B18C, can I get your car?

jmeris

Sooo, since it's a completely stock B18C-then Andrie is gonna quit and therefore, I have dibs on the car which includes the engine!

jmeris

p.s.

on a serious note, Devin why don't you run your other engine?