WTB: roll bar/harnesses/seats

jon dawes

i'm looking to outfit the track car [94 mustang gt] with seats/harnesses/rollbar so i'm beginning to look around for used stuff. new stuff is ok too, but if i can find it at a discount/used all the better. and of course by 'used' i don't imply crushed in a roll-over accident

re: seats. i'm not a scrawny dude, but i'm not a porker either. so something in the middle for starters [36 inch waist if that helps].

re: harnesses. you guys know more than i do, so what would be a good first set for a new HPDE guy?

re: bar. only ones i've seen that are relatively easy to install are the autopower ones. but if you have another suggestion bring it on! my first choice is the autopower race bar that can be later turned into a race bar [as long as it complies with the CCR of course. . .Bad Moon Rising and all that].

• 1 month later...
i'm looking to outfit the track car [94 mustang gt] with seats/harnesses/rollbar so i'm beginning to look around for used stuff. new stuff is ok too, but if i can find it at a discount/used all the better. and of course by 'used' i don't imply crushed in a roll-over accident

re: seats. i'm not a scrawny dude, but i'm not a porker either. so something in the middle for starters [36 inch waist if that helps].

re: harnesses. you guys know more than i do, so what would be a good first set for a new HPDE guy?

re: bar. only ones i've seen that are relatively easy to install are the autopower ones. but if you have another suggestion bring it on! my first choice is the autopower race bar that can be later turned into a race bar [as long as it complies with the CCR of course. . .Bad Moon Rising and all that].

Try talking Vicky at Wildpony Motorsports. She is very helpfull, and will get you going in the right direction. Even if she can't get it for you, she can tell you where to look. wildponymotorsports.com or 661 424 0878.

good luck

• 1 month later...

Also you might consider getting a Corbeau package of seats and harnesses. They arent FIA legal so you might need to upgrade when it comes time to get a logbook, but it will be more than adequate for HPDE and makes great sense $$-wise.

Give me a shout for direct info. Stefan just purchased all of this stuff for his '94 and its pretty nice.