Road Atlanta - Motel recommendations?

jrmock

• Members

We have been 'negotiating' some package deals with local hotels - he will be posting the special NASA-SE rates in the next week or so...

• Members

I just booked a room at the Scottish Inn. Don't have a clue how nice it is but it looks like it's about 7 miles from the track. Hell, as long as I have a bed and shower, I'm good to go so I'm not real picky. Normal rate is $69/night but I'm dragging my Dad along who is an AARP member so we're getting a discount which takes it to $62/night. Didn't think that was too bad. Hope this helps.

CaptainWho

You can also do searches on sites like travelocity or hotels.com for any of the following towns, in approximate order of distance from the track:

Chestnut Mountain

Oakwood

Braselton

Gainesville

There are a couple of nice ones in Oakwood with reasonable rates. That's 5-7 miles (I'd guess) south of the track on Ga Hwy 53 where it intersects with I-985. Just go north on 53 until you see the track gates on the right.

I like the Holiday Inn Express across the road from Chateau Elan... it seems newer/nicer than the others in the area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
apexinghonda

I would NOT stay at the Scottish Inn from what I have been told by several people. It is re-named from the Admiral Benbow Inn and it is a DIVE. Unless they have remodeled. I would not want to be the first to find out. Comfort Inn is a mainstay for many. Cheap and close. Me, I always stay at the Wingate Inn at the mall of Georgia. It may be another ten minutes of driving over the Holiday Inn Express at Chateau Elan but it is a very nice hotel for not much more than the Comfort Inn.

http://www.wingateinns.com/Wingate/control/Booking/search_results?brand_code=WG&p_country=US&p_state=GA&p_city=Buford

Wished I was coming to the event but I have to cancel in that I don't get my car back from the cage builder until monday and I still have to install the seats and harnesses.

Barry H.

The last time I was at RA, I stayed at the Comfort Inn and am planning on staying there this weekend. It's close to the track and other spots (food, beer, etc), and was clean. Lot's of drivers stay there so it's not a bad place to hang out and have a beer in the evenings.

• Members

Hey,

Thanks for the "heads up" on the Scottish Inn. Decided not to risk it so I cancelled and got a room at the Comfort Inn. See everyone at the track (and maybe the hotel too....hahaha)! I'm in HPDE3, dark blue AI prepped Mustang #89. Can't wait!

Ed McGuire